Gold Ticket Holders...

Personally I found the gold pass was well worth having. I was able to go to the door at 5 to 9 on the saturday and be one of the first in and was able to see all the big guests as one of the first 50 to 100 people before they started saying no posed photos . Having been about 30 rows back and not able to see much at the Watchers talk in C7 I have to say being at the front made a world of difference to my enjoyment of the talks and having the gold ticket I was able to go to far more than I would have been able to if waiting for my ticket number to come up. I am definately going to get one for Collectormania 8 simply because it means you can structure your convention and plan your day far more easily.

I was also delighted with the selection of autographs I got in the Goodie bags and the cards plus Buffy plate were a definate plus.

The IDEA is excellent ! And the initial "that's not fair" backlash was thoroughly defeated ! I arrived with minutes to spare and got a front row seat at John Barrowman's excellent talk. I walked straight up to Adam Baldwin, Ron Perlman, Billy Boyd and (potentially) Val Kilmer. And TT was able to know I was "me" from the name on the badge if you know what I mean.... which made for introductions ! :wub:

The goody bags, I have to say, kind of screamed "leftovers". The C4 commemorative ASH plate ? the Hobbit lithos ? The COA for something that wasn't actually IN the goodybag ? Lots of interesting, but not necessarily "wanted" items - a lot of it just became "luggage" that I have since given away ! And the Sith stickerbooks ? Please ! they were a fire hassard at the entrance in their thousands !

I DID get a Jake Wood auto in my SW pack, but the others were same-olds. ie Chris Parsons, Ray Park, Peter Mayhew, Femi Taylor, Alan Harris and a Phil Brown PP ! Not a Prowse, Baker or Bulloch to be seen ! Add to this the unfortunately grainy and website adorned 8x10s that they were on, and I still have problems justifying the expenditure THIS TIME !

I bought the pass primarily for it's magic queue jumping powers. Which didn't come in as handy this time as they might have done for Carrie Fisher, BDW, James Marsters etc. I know some time (hopefully C8 or L4) it will allow me to meet Frank Oz, George Lazenby, Mark Hamill, the Shatner or dare I say Elijah Wood ! While the idiots who turned up at 1pm tear strips off the poor 17 year old crew member who tells them they won't get to meet them !

The L3 guest list calibre is another conversation, but if SMs keep up the quality, I will probably re-invest ! The comparable Autographica ticket though, includes accommodation and more on top of SMs perks for quite similar money. I would encourage you to include several "live" autos with the gold pass if possible. If I'd got a "free" Ron Perlman Alien 4 auto, I might have got a Hellboy and / or Blade 2 as well ......

To go back to 8x10s - these really need to improve in quality and selection ! Xander Berkely without THAT T2 shot ? Nothing but Whedon stuff for Adam Baldwin ??? He was in Stargate, X Files, Predator 2, Full Metal Jacket ????? I am sure you had your reasons, but you take my point ??

Good to see the crew (and EC staff) were gold ticket savvy and in my experience handled it well. Especially when one woman got quite miffed at me jumping the queue into Barrowman's talk ....

Welcome to the real world - where you get what you pay for ..... albeit at a slight price hike :lol:

Hey! I had a cool gold pass and it was well worth it. I got to join queues when i felt i was ready and was not held back by the virtual tickets.

The goody bags were well worth it!! and the choice of autographs was cool. The staff were totally friendly to me! and showed me exactly where to go and what my pass included, i was well informed.

The seating at the guest talks however was ok however people did take of the gold pass reserved seating and sat there themselves depsite not having a pass.

Overall great value. Thank you!

Here are two other threads with some info in.

HERE and HERE

I said most things in the above thread loved so much I hope to be aa regular on the gold circuit. My only point would be a London Film & Comic Con Only Exclusive limited to say 50.

Hi,

I had a great time on Saturday and am SO GLAD that I bought my gold ticket. The goody bag was nice - to get about £100 worth of autographs was a bonus! The other bits in there, whether they were 'left-overs' or not were still pretty good in my opinion.

Because of the ticket, I was able to arrive at just before 9am and was still the very first person to get to meet Charisma Carpenter! If I hadn't had the gold ticket I hate to think what time I would have needed to arrive to even meet her! I don't know if she stopped doing posed photos - but she let me have one (a big thank you to the crew member who let us borrow her camera to take this - I look forward to getting your email!).

I would definitely consider getting one again - but it would very much depend upon the guests going to the event.

On a different subject (but something someone else mentioned earlier) - I was very disappointed that Adam Baldwin only had 'Firefly' pictures to get autographed. I would have really liked an 'Angel' one and as someone else pointed out there are many other things he has been in that they may have liked a photo of.

All in all though I had a great time & definitely think the gold ticket was worth the price!

Chelle

• 2 weeks later...