Few Questions

Hello,

my girlfriend and I are thinking our going to LFCC in July and it’ll be our first one. We just have a few questions.

obviously there’s some great guests going and in an ideal world we would get a lot of photos but is that a bad idea? I guess it’s going to be super busy and it could be likely that you miss photos?

We went to a con in Glasgow last year and they allowed you to have selfies at the table. Does this apply here? I guess to the small guests or is it all of them? 

Sorry im a newbie, this might be in the wrong area of the forum.

Hi Craig.

No it's not a bad idea, you can do that if you want.  The more you buy the greater the chance of having an overlap but there are a good few forum members who have a lot of photo's done a day and do fine.  The key is planning.  Know where you need to be and when, speak to the crew if there is a genuine issue.  Most overlaps aren't actually a real issue as all shoots start at different times and are different lengths so even if you have 2 sessions happening at the same time if they are 20/30+ mins you just do one and then go to the other.  It can get tricky if they are very short sessions.

You won't miss your photo if you are at the booth in time but there is the obvious issue of not booking too many to prevent you being able to get to them.  How many photo's are you thinking of buying and how many days are you attending?

Technically they do allow selfies when it's not busy but on Saturday at least you can assume all the bigger guests will not be allowed to do them because it holds the auto queue up too much, Sunday is also unlikely during the main part of the day.  Sometime guests also don't allow selfies for health reasons, they may get migraines and also it can be very uncomfortable to be leaning over the table all day.

Technically this should be posted in the LFCC forum seeing as your questions are specific to that event but it's fine, you won't be told off for posting here :lol:

There is a thread in the LFCC forum with advice for new attendees, admittedly it's got filled up with a lot of chat but the first few pages at the least might have some useful info if you want to have a read, if not just post any questions you do have onto the end and we will answer as best we can, there's loads of us around so you will usually be answered fairly quickly.