Photo questions (Yes, me again!)

aweeghost

Sorry, I bet you're all sick of seeing me ask questions /o\

I was talking to an American friend and she was telling me that she doesn't always get photo ops if there's a selfie option, where basically you take a selfie but pay for it. I've never seen that here (I've got selfies at signing desks but never had to pay). Will guests have this option, too? Or will it be a sort of, ask while you're there?

Showmasters never charge for selfies awee, but it's something you will only know if it's allowed when you are in the queue for the guest - basically they are generally allowed but the busier the guest is the more likely there will be a sign up saying 'no selfies' as they do take time and it's unfair to people wanting auto's to potentially stop them getting them because time has been taken up with selfie after selfie. 

Some guests don't allow them full stop as they may have migraines and not want to have to deal with flashes in their face all day, also it can be physically painful for them to have to lean over time and time again.  Also if a guest feels unwell they may go from doing them to not allowing them.

Saturday is the busiest day so least likely to offer them.

I hope that helps, basically they are allowed, but it's not an official thing so not guranteed, and they are free but it depends on the day, busyness, health of the guest ect.  You will just have to see what it's like when you can join the auto queue.

If you want a guaranteed pic it's better to go for the paid shoots.

• Like 1

Guests may take selfies on the day, but that'll not be known until the day itself and can change throughout the day, and if they do domselfies, they'll not be charging for them.

And don't worry about asking questions, we're here to help if and when we can, Awee! :smile:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

Showmasters never charge for selfies awee, but it's something you will only know if it's allowed when you are in the queue for the guest - basically they are generally allowed but the busier the guest is the more likely there will be a sign up saying 'no selfies' as they do take time and it's unfair to people wanting auto's to potentially stop them getting them because time has been taken up with selfie after selfie. 

Some guests don't allow them full stop as they may have migraines and not want to have to deal with flashes in their face all day, also it can be physically painful for them to have to lean over time and time again.  Also if a guest feels unwell they may go from doing them to not allowing them.

Saturday is the busiest day so least likely to offer them.

I hope that helps, basically they are allowed, but it's not an official thing so not guranteed, and they are free but it depends on the day, busyness, health of the guest ect.  You will just have to see what it's like when you can join the auto queue.

If you want a guaranteed pic it's better to go for the paid shoots.

Thank you, Raylenth! You must be so sick of my questions by now /o\ 

I'll be going both days, and I have photo ops for my 'main guest', but I love getting cheeky wee selfies, so I'll see how things pan out :)

1 minute ago, wjbleming said:

Guests may take selfies on the day, but that'll not be known until the day itself and can change throughout the day, and if they do domselfies, they'll not be charging for them.

And don't worry about asking questions, we're here to help if and when we can, Awee! :smile:

Thank you! I just worry about annoying you all, haha! I think it's because I'm actually travelling for this con, so I'm like MUST KNOW EVERYTHING IN ADVANCE haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aweeghost said:

Thank you, Raylenth! You must be so sick of my questions by now /o\ 

I'll be going both days, and I have photo ops for my 'main guest', but I love getting cheeky wee selfies, so I'll see how things pan out :)

Not at all awee, like lemming says please don't hesitate to ask, we were all new once, things aren't always clear and with so many different systems between different organisers it's not always straight forward how things work at each event. 

We are happy to help where we can so please never worry about asking a question.  We and the organisers want everyone to have a fun time at these events and the less you have to worry about the better.

• Like 2