SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

Aye up- a new girl:

"The new season of “Angel” begins filming on July 24 in Los Angeles, with an episode written and directed by Joss Whedon. While most of the media has focused on the addition of James Marsters to the cast, there are still some new characters to be added. Although the first episode is still untitled, the premiere will introduce a new character to the Whedonverse named Eve. Described as being in her mid-to-late 20s, she is described as “smart, beautiful, and vulnerable with a sweetness that makes her accessible.”

An ally to the Fang Gang, she is the liaison between Angel (played by David Boreanaz) and the higher beings at Wolfram & Hart. Our source also reluctantly states that she has a hand in bringing Spike into the fold. This new character will be a recurring guest star on the series and the producers are looking for an actress of any ethnicity.

In a portion of the script obtained by FilmJerk.com, Angel and his crew first find her sitting in Angel's office, telling them she will help them "find their way." After a muted reaction, she tells them that "I know what you're thinking. Lilah Morgan was used to bring you in because she was a familiar face...But you won't be seeing her again. She was just L.A. I work out of all the branches, keeping them connected is a lot of my job. So I'm your guy. Plus, keeping a dead person animated on a physical plane...wait till you get your power bill."

EXTRA BIT I FOUND: Producers are seeking to cast a new female character in the upcoming fifth season of The WB's Angel, TV Guide Online reported. The new character will work at Wolfram & Hart, and possibly be a romantic interest for one of the show's main men, the site reported.

An Angel representative, however, insisted that the new addition will not be a replacement for ex-leading lady Charisma Carpenter, who could make an appearance or two next season, the site added.

EVEN MORE ABOUT EVE:

The fifth-season opener, scripted by Joss Whedon, will introduce a young Wolfram & Hart liaison named Eve, who will explain in smirky detail why it behooves Team Angel to use the L.A. branch rather than trash it from the inside. Eve will also explain that Lilah won’t be a big presence this season, as keeping dead people on the earthly plane is pricey! Speaking of which, James Marsters insists in interviews that Spike won’t “pull a Darla” and return as a human. The prevailing rumor these days is that William the Bloody will “pull a Dennis” instead, and reappear as a ghost. (The same rumors suggest that the Spike-as-spirit idea was going to be a component of the “Faith on a motorcyle” spinoff, had it gone forward.) In any case, a non-corporeal Spike might certainly find his new status impeding his ability to date a certain newly-homeless vampire slayer.

N/P

Hate to say LOTR Fan, he does, you know the prophecy at the end of Angel season one about the vamp with a soul turning back to a human if he does good stuff, well we have always thought it was going to be Angel, but as Spike saved the world by killing himself.... Hes a bigger Champ than Angel. :'(

Edited by Adam

I cant see a Vampire witha soul, biting Spike to make him William the bloody again, lol.

Think of it this way, thats like Spike (If he was a vampire with a soul again) bitting Angel (Human) and turning him to Angelus, lol.

I liked Cordelia when Angel first started (even when she 'stole' Doyle's powers and therefore usefulness in the show) but something happened. She cut her hair and then her character changed. Not a big fan of evil cordy either. I much prefer Wesley and Gunn. And Lorne is sooo funny :D

• 2 weeks later...
N/P

Hate to say LOTR Fan, he does, you know the prophecy at the end of Angel season one about the vamp with a soul turning back to a human if he does good stuff, well we have always thought it was going to be Angel, but as Spike saved the world by killing himself.... Hes a bigger Champ than Angel. :'(

I always wanted Angel to Shansu. He deserves it more! Just because Buffy wouldn't leeeeeet him kill himself. *sighs* He's fought a lot of evil. Spike helped with the first, but I don't think it makes them even. Spike's not being tortured the way Angel is for some reason, and the shansu thing should just be Angel, or both. But then Angel has nothing to look forward to!!

Plus why would Angel even let him stay with them? As a human, or a vampire? Unless other people from Buffy were going over, it makes no sense. It would be cool if Buffy and Spike went over and Angel got all jealous 'cause they were in love...teeehehehe.