Photo shoot and child question

Sorry if this has been asked, but I've checked the Faqs and even tried to contact show masters but haven't got a reply. I'm taking my 6 year old son and was going to do the photo shoot with some of the power rangers. Do I need a separate photo ticket for him or do you think me holding him in the photo will be ok with just my ticket. Thanks any help.

You will need an additional ticket if you want him to be in the photo.

Just a thought, or maybe more of a plea as I have two kids and it ends up costing a fortune to get the extra photo tickets, and I suspect this may put people off altogether or they may just buy one or two. It would really be a great addition to the show if you were allowed to include you kids in your photo, say up to the age of 10 for a smaller additional fee, say £5. There would just be the one photo of course. I know Showmasters have listened before in regard to doing weekend entry for families at a discounted rate, so how about something similar on photos where there is a family option perhaps ? Just a thought.

• Like 2

One question.
My girlfriend and I have a ticket each for the same photoshoot.
Can we get together and make us each a single photo? We have to go separately?
She does not speak any English and she would like me to accompany her.

One question.

My girlfriend and I have a ticket each for the same photoshoot.

Can we get together and make us each a single photo? We have to go separately?

She does not speak any English and she would like me to accompany her.

You can line up together. Do your tickets have the same batch number?

A thought maybe speak to the crew while there. All the MMPR and PRTF are meant to be cool cats and I'm sure they would understand the circumstances. Also on lines that was said before, SM should consider family photos with guests.

How did you contact SM? I used Facebook and got almost a reply stright away.

Yes, I bought them at the same time.

Is it possible to together come in and I wait behind the camera?

There's a line. If you go in with each other you'll be behind each other in line. You just wait your turn to the side while she's having your photo done.

A thought maybe speak to the crew while there. All the MMPR and PRTF are meant to be cool cats and I'm sure they would understand the circumstances. Also on lines that was said before, SM should consider family photos with guests.

How did you contact SM? I used Facebook and got almost a reply stright away.

I'm not sure what you are suggesting there.

For smaller children the crew may allow a parent to go in with them. For a six year old they will probably be allowed to line up with them until entry to the actual area, but that's really it.

But if you are suggesting asking the guest for help to get the parent on the photo too without a second ticket, that will only cause crew having to step in, and then we'll get "OMG crew are so mean" posts again when they they are just doing their job.

The rule is each person in the shoot requires a ticket, exemption to that are babes in arms. Carrying a child does not make it a babe in arms by defaul. ;)

Fury- I tried thru the contact us form on the SM website twice, it took over a week to get my account validated so I could post my question on here, and that was after I emailed requesting it.

Queen- I understand rules are rules, but a six year old won't really appreciate the photo or even understand why he's there like an adult would. I can justify £25 for a photo, but not £50...even though it is a unique experience. As stated before, I would pay £5 or maybe £10 extra to include my son, but I'm on limited funds and pushing it just to attend. I can hope to get a quick photo together, when I get an autograph.

I'm currently the only admin around as you may have noticed. Due to personal reasons the account validation unfortunately got a little more behind than usual, especially after I ended up in hospital for two days after a quick weekend getaway "you need to get better" trip. I apologize for that. My mobile did not allow me to log in the admin panel.

I totally understand where you are coming from, please don't get me wrong. I'm just trying to avoid further disappointment, and worst case a possibly crying child.

I'm currently the only admin around as you may have noticed. Due to personal reasons the account validation unfortunately got a little more behind than usual, especially after I ended up in hospital for two days after a quick weekend getaway "you need to get better" trip. I apologize for that. My mobile did not allow me to log in the admin panel.

I totally understand where you are coming from, please don't get me wrong. I'm just trying to avoid further disappointment, and worst case a possibly crying child.

Sorry to hear about your trip to hospital and hope you are recovering.

Is there a way to make a case or suggestion to Showmasters direct in regard to the approach for allowing children in just one photo at a different cost along the lines I suggested above for future shows ? Is there a customer feedback or suggestion scheme for example ? I do think this could send out a really positive message to families who attend the show and it would help more of tomorrows customers to have the opportunity to experience the photoshoots and engage with the event going forward. I'm not suggesting that these photos should be free, but rather something more along the lines of the family discount for entry but just extrapolating that to the photoshoot, for example a possible approach could be:

- Standard photoshoot - one person - £15

- Family photoshoot - allows up to two adults and two children (4 to 12 the same as family entry ticket) in one photoshoot - £30 (so effectively, it is an additional £5 per person in the shoot, but you only receive one copy of the photo)

Queen- I'm not having ago or pointing the finger at you in any way, just trying to get an answer to my original question...this being my first con I don't know much about the process. I do appreciate your help and the others who have chimed in as well. We will still go and have a good time regardless. Maybe some of the suggestions will be considered and help others in future shows.

• Like 1

To be fair a six year old is barley a large child. Ask and see what happens. Either they let you or they wont. Either way your son will be able to get his shoot.

As stated above, they won't let you. No need to ask. A six year old even needs a child entry ticket, a second photo shoot ticket is needed to be in the shoot there.