recording

dazza1234

Yet, I tripped over the amount of videocamera's, cellphones, iPads, etc at last years LFCC during the talks. No one made a comment about it, nor stopped the filming being done... I know (and agree) it's not allowed, but it was not enforced as far as I could tell...

The problem is that the crew can't have their eyes everywhere, and unfortunately the number of people who just ignore rules is growing larger by the event it seems.

Another problem is that many people are using cameras and iPhones as cameras too, and because of the amount of electronic devices out they can't monitor one person constantly - they may as well just be taking pictures.

If you see someone breaking the rules and get a crew member's attending I can guarantee you it will be stopped.

I'm there to watch the talk, not watch the audience. It's not my place to snitch on everyone trying to get the most out of their experience of such a talk, especially when you could just look from the back of the talk area and see dozens of screens with recording lights burning. No attempt at concealment was made. People were even sitting in the alleyways filming. If it wasn't seen, the crew were blind.

More likely there were so many, the crew didn't want to ruin the whole talk by policing the whole time, something I did appreciate. I was there for the talk after all.

lol Queen_Sindel, no worries, I'm not offended, sorry if I gave that impression. I do find it annoying people are breaking the rules so blatently, yet I would find it more annoying to having to play snitch and complain the whole time, while I want to enjoy the show ;) The filming itself doesn't bother me and I can understand people would like to film the talks to keep as a souvenir (Although I personally like to watch it live, which is what you are there for, much better then staring to a recording screen to keep focus the whole time.).

lol Queen_Sindel, no worries, I'm not offended, sorry if I gave that impression. I do find it annoying people are breaking the rules so blatently, yet I would find it more annoying to having to play snitch and complain the whole time, while I want to enjoy the show ;) The filming itself doesn't bother me and I can understand people would like to film the talks to keep as a souvenir (Although I personally like to watch it live, which is what you are there for, much better then staring to a recording screen to keep focus the whole time.).

that's exactly true bout recording it as a souvenir that's why I was asking because I noticed people filming last year and wanted to know if we r aloud at least I know now so won't be filming shame they don't make a DVD of all the talks would be excellent and prob sell like hot cakes