EPISODE III Videogame

Indiana

Below is a prototype copy of a cover for the Episode III videogame to be released Spring next year (I believe).

episodeIIIgame.jpg

This is from GamesRadar:

It's expected out in spring 2005 and promises to offer "the most authentic Jedi experience ever"

LucasArts have confirmed that they are indeed working on the inevitable Star Wars: Episode III game - and they say that it will be "the most authentic Jedi experience ever".

Scheduled for release in spring 2005 on PS2 and Xbox, you'll have the chance to see an early glimpse of the game - currently just called Star Wars: Episode III, natch - as part of a 'making of' vignette that will be included as part of the Star Wars Trilogy DVD box set, which is due to be released in September.

LucasArts have not revealed any gameplay details yet, other than that fact that it will focus on the Jedi and their role in Episode III - so expect plenty of lightsaber battles, including perhaps a climactic fight between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker.

Star Wars: Episode III is due to be released on PS2 and Xbox in spring 2005

Apologies to those that have already seen this - it has been around on the net for about a week now, but I've been too busy to post.

Obi-Wan :unsure:

Agreed on previous SW games. There have been some real stinkers...Rebel Assault II on PS1, anyone? :lol:

Just as the prequels leave me with hope that Ep III will be as awesome as it should be, I hope we finally get a truly great SW video game too.

That may well be a blaster in Obi-Wan's mitt - maybe he was talking from experience when he ticks off Han Solo for it being a "clumsy...random..." weapon!

Oh...doesn't Hayden look slightly Marlon Brando-ish there? The Wild One of the Force! :rolleyes:

Edited by Hobbit_of_Dorsetshire

Rebel Assault 2 is a great game on PC, replace it at the time of his release (and still be, I love the story), and the X-wing and TIE video games too.

and TPM video game is not so bad :angel:

SW Racer is one of my all time favorite :wub:

I loved the Star Wars Racer game too.

podrace.gif I still play it now and again on N64 & PC and the Racer Revenge on PS2. The Phantom Menace game was quite fun too, exploring possibilities outside of the movie.

Obi-Wan :wub:

Edited by obi-wan