GoT Screening Mystery Guest?

I went to the GoT screening and talk on Saturday.

Tbh the talk wasn't all that. The talk had the same cast but with the addition of Will & Gethin. I was really disappointed that Lena did not make an appearance. Had I known this I would have just gone to the screening

The sound quality in the super stage was bad, 75% of the time could not hear what the guests were saying.

What made it worse with the pianta thing was the build up. They made a whole big thing of telling us that this mystery guest was a 'he' and that there was a competition for someone in the audience to meet this person. I was not impressed and felt pretty cheesed off!

The episode they screened was the Battle of the Blackwater. It felt completely irrelevant to the cast members that were there and they did not have much to say about it. The guy hosting had to keep asking questions to keep the conversation going.

These were my first GoT events and I had high hopes for the screening, given the reviews of last year. Don't think I will bother going to any more organised by SM

The late start of the screening, late start of the talk and the queuing for 2 hours in the morning (feeling like I was one of the lucky ones after reading reviews on this forum) to get in the place did not help!

I must say though that I think the guests did as good as a job as they could have given the situation.

Edited by greeneyes1

Agree with everything here and I too was disappointed Lena couldn't make any of the talks/screening. Not that I blame her or anything! I know she was super busy and I reckon everyone who wanted Natalie Dormer's autograph all decided to swap to Lena since her photoshoot was sold out.

• Moderators

Yeh the benchmark was set last year and it was fantastic and I felt it was a good quality screening, I didn't attend this year but from what I've heard this was very far from meeting last years standard and there actually was a human mystery guest

Sounds a bit like how the true believers award went down at the same time. Very bad quality audio and video with people not really knowing what was going on. The saving grace though was Tony Head on hosting duties with a bit of help from Jason mews, seemed to do a brilliant job with a difficult situation, ad-libbed very well and generally remained in good spirits. Fortunately he made it worth the 20 quid paid, but I would have been demanding a refund had someone less interesting hosted it.