the new st dvd mage

crash2k1

The first issue is £3.99 and for that you get Star Trek First Contact on DVD along with a magazine all about First Contact which isnt bad at all but with the second issue the price increases to £7.99 and you get the first 3 episodes of The Next Generation along with the magazine about them, then the third issue is Star Trek Generations with a magazine all about the film.

I am sure the die hard trek fans will buy this magazine but I dont see the point myself, the information in the magazine is just re-printed info from the fact files and the dvds might seem like a good buy but with all the films being re-released as 2 disc special editions and with the first 4 SE's available for under £10 each, do you really want to pay £7.99 to get a magazine with the normal standard version of the films?

Also, if they do 3 episodes of The Next Generation per DVD it would be a total of about 60 discs for all 178 episodes which at £7.99 each would cost £479.40, you can get the Season Boxsets of TNG for £44.99 each which would be a total of £314.93 for all 7 Seasons.

So think about it, do you really want to pay an extra £164.47 just for the magazine?

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

I just don't know what to do wish I could make up my mind - its like I've got an angel and a devel on either shoulder

"Go on get it, the dvd's and especially the mags would go well in your collection"

but on the other hand

"Why waist your money think of what else you could buy for that much money" :P

:help: I really wish I wasn't such a big Star Trek Magazine collector.

Seriously though I can see what you guys are saying, it is a rip off - but its so tempting (If only it was something like £4.99/£5.99)

I'd just like to know how much profit there really making from this :P - :P:borg:

Edited by zebredy

looked at the mag today in WHSmith and will say I would have bought the first issue for £3.99 because I don't have First Contact on DVD or Insurrection for that matter but the DVD spine had ya know part of the wording on so that Generations and Insurrection would complete the wording kinda thing so I didn't buy it :D

I think some one mentioned already about the 2dics versions being cheap and I'm pretty sure these are only 1disk copies.... :D the full price will be £7.99 which is not really worth it because you get all the info in the Fact Files which I had to stop collecting as they were taking up too much space and I never read them all anyways and not to mention that they were getting a bit costly :D

so has anyone bought an issue or is intending to start collecting this mag?!

surfy sah xx

I agree with Colonel ..

I have bought the first issue.. It is a one disk DVD edition and the mag is OK..

But future issues of 3 episodes per mag is simply not cost effective..

I already have STNG on DVD, so £8.99 for in effect, a magazine is Waay too much for me....

• 2 weeks later...