DURSLEYS

kyle longbottom

well I knew there were gunna be HUGE cuts but I would have thought at least they would be in it cos Dudley eats a tonne tounge toffee! And its kinda a big thing Weasley Wizard Weezes! :lol:

I'm gonna be a bit controversial now (ooooh) and say that although I love the Dursleys in the book, I think it might be a sensible decision to leave them out of the Goblet of Fire!

Things were bound to be cut from the film, and in a way I'm glad it's them and not something later on in the book - like in Hogwarts etc.

I think that would be worse!!!

Ideally a 5 hour film would be made LOL, but that cant happen!!!! -_-

I'm gonna be a bit controversial now (ooooh) and say that although I love the Dursleys in the book, I think it might be a sensible decision to leave them out of the Goblet of Fire!

Things were bound to be cut from the film, and in a way I'm glad it's them and not something later on in the book - like in Hogwarts etc.

I think that would be worse!!!

Ideally a 5 hour film would be made LOL, but that cant happen!!!! :huh:

How can we not have a 4 hour movie? It happened with Lord of the Rings.

Kyle Longbottom

It would be a good idea but i doubt wether it will help. there was a petiton to put christopher lee back into ROTK but it failed despite many fans signing it. but hey we can always try.

They set one up for Sean Biggerstaff too, that didn't work either.

I think they should be in there somewhere, even just for a little bit. Perhaps the bit where Vernon gets the letter from the weasleys covered in stamps and then cut to the fireplace scene. It would take about 5 minutes.

Amanda

It would be a good idea but i doubt wether it will help. there was a petiton to put christopher lee back into ROTK but it failed despite many fans signing it. but hey we can always try.

I think they should be in there somewhere, even just for a little bit. Perhaps the bit where Vernon gets the letter from the weasleys covered in stamps and then cut to the fireplace scene. It would take about 5 minutes.

Amanda

Totally agree spikesbird! But Theo has got a very good point! :D

Amanda

Totally agree spikesbird! But Theo has got a very good point! :P

I know, but it would be a shame to lose the dursleys altogether, i suppose our point of view is v different from a directors.

Amanda

I signed the Christopher Lee one there were like thousands of people who singned it. I actually thought they would listen but they didn't unfortunatly but hey he will be in the EE DVD. Maybe they might concider something like that for HP........maybe

Totally agree spikesbird! But Theo has got a very good point! :D

Why, thank you Davey!!! LOL :rolleyes:

I dunno!!! Its a very tricky subject this one! I just try to picture what it would be like as a director making this film, and then I kinda realise that certain things do need to be left out!!!!

No Saruman in the ROTK??????? Well, the final cut seemed ok without him! And now we have it all to look forward to in the EE!!!!

Perhaps we should sign a petition for them to start Harry Potter EE's!

I read that soem where Richard Griffiths asked people to write a pertition and send it to the studios with names on who want the Dursleys in, I reckon we should??

I was interested in a petition for this so I did a Google search : Dursleys+petition

and there were quite a few, so if people are still interested, I recommend signing an existing petition rather than setting up a new one - we don't want to split the vote, as it were :rolleyes:

rainbowsparkle

Haven't checked yet if there's one for extended DVDs, but I think it's a great idea - to have EE HP DVDs :lol: