Danny Glover

If I hadn't been crewing, I would have happily paid £10 to go to Danny's talk. The man is a Hollywood legend and that's all there is to it

This. I definitely would have paid £10 for a 45 minutes talk. Definitely a great opportunity to ask questions about a number of films. Many people were asking him about 2012, Saw and Predator which were all scif/horror related (not the expected Lethal Weapon). It maybe that the people who wanted to see him clashed with photos going on.

Well i was one of the people who DID pay for the talk, i mean he IS a big movie star afterall! But it's true i was reluctant because i had to pay and when i saw how empty the talk area was it seemed a little sad. I wanted to go to the DS9 Talk but that cost £15 (though today i wished i'd went) i remember the queues waiting for it being massive! I really wanted to attend Amanda's talk too but that was a tenner and it was a joint talk with Jason Momoa and i never really watched SG: Atlantis or seen Game of Thrones so wasn't sure if the talk would be "Amanda" enough for me to spend even more cash. Still, it looked like it may have been good.

Anyway back to topic.

I even got to ask a question right at the end. Danny seemed to have trouble hearing some of the questions over the mic/tannoy system maybe be due to background noise and the host had to repeat some questions to him. I was determined not for that to happen to be so i spoke loudly and clear - but... i think i held the mic too far from my mouth - DOH! :WINCE: So it had to be repeated.

My question was along the lines of: "In the movie 'Honeydripper' your character was seen playing a piano; can you actually play a piano or any musical instrument for real?"

It takes me a while to warm-up & figure out what to ask a guest (which is a real problem when getting an autograph as there's little time so i usually do the "Hi-Thanks-Bye" thing...) but when i do it usually gets a good response - But, i often try and concentrate TOO hard on their response which clouds my memory and i find recalling what was said difficult... :wacko:

But it went something like: Yes he can play the piano [i think] and it was good to do a movie which allowed him to expand to do such things, and "...it was a good little independent movie and I'm glad some of you people got to see it." It seems he enjoyed that movie and his last sentence was a good end to the questions sessions i thought.

I had to look-up the name of that movie on my smartphone (i didn't want to during the talk but was necessary) coz i forgot it. I randomly saw the movie on BBC1 late night last month which turned-out to be lucky!

The guy next to me was also looking on his smartphone to get an idea for a question (whereas i had the question already) and he asked his question before me and he must have been very nervous as he really stumbled his words (incentive for me not too...). His question was something like "What future projects are you working on?" he also asked about a specific future project which i believe was a movie called 'Tokarev'. I forget Danny's answer (something about Russian/Russia was mentioned i think) as i was trying to keep the attention of the girl holding the microphone to past to me and i was worried i was going to miss my chance as it looked like one of the organizers came to call 'time' on the talk.

I thought the guy was going to ask about Lethal Weapon 5 as i noticed that little interesting thing when i was looking for 'Honeydripper'.

I strongly feel that there should be at least transcripts of the talks for fans to read after the event. There is genuine real, interesting, rare and unique responses from guests that will most likely never be repeated so fans who couldn't attend, couldn't clearly hear the responses when they were there or (like me) forget what was said due to poor memory would make us happy.

Edited by trekkedtoseethestarsoftrek

I not ashamed to admit that I went a little week at the knees when I met Danny (randomly). I was waiting at the exit of the Hoff's photo shoot on the Saturday for my wife and didn't realise that Danny Glover's shoot was the one before it. He walked out past me and I shouted "Hi Danny" and he turned round and shook my hand. I told him I was a big fan of his work, to which he said "Right on my man". Needless to say, this made my day. I also door stepped the Hoff on his way in to the shoot (through the exit), but I was still in a post Danny Glover trance to get that that excited, although he too shook my hand and was polite!

• Like 1

I met him on the Friday and he pointed at me and said... didn't we just have a photo together? I said... nope! He replied Damn! All you Brits look the same! He was very nice though. I have to be honest, the cynic in me (for which I apologise) saw his announcement and I thought ahh big Hollywood star, I bet he will cancel at the last minute! I heard someone in his photo-shoot queue behind me say exactly the same thing. I had my picture with him on Sunday and he said something to me in the shoot, I forget what it was now, but it made me laugh and made the photo a very fun spontaneous one with I think my one of my first natural smiles all weekend! It was a privilege to meet him.

• Like 1