Photo shoot help

Zagreus

I was at one of the photo-shoots yesterday and was one of the first through. Coming out the other side, the printer ran out of paper (or some technical problem) and I was left waiting for my photo. All the subsequent photos were printing off fine and I was left waiting until the shoot was finished and then when my picture didn't come out, I was told to just go round and through again.

My question is, don't the digital photos get transferred to the computer from the camera? Wouldn't they have been able to simply re-print my photo? This would have avoided the need for me to hang around till everyone else had their photos. More importantly (to me) was the fact that I felt the first photo was a really good one. You know those times when you're 100% ready and have a huge smile on your face, and everything just goes perfectly? As opposed to having to have a re-shoot with the actors who have then been through dozens of photos.

So...are the digital photos not retained under this new photo session method? If they are, is there any chance I can get my original photo?