Joel Goldsmith Tribute?

As some of you might already be aware Joel Goldsmith, the famed composer behind all three Stargate television series (334 episodes) and two DVD movies, passed away on April 29 after a long battle with cancer. He was 54.

Joel was the son of famed composer Jerry Goldsmith, who passed away in 2004. The two collaborated to create the score for Star Trek: First Contact in 1996.

In 1997 Joel adapted David Arnold’s Stargate theme from the original feature film into the opening title sequence for Stargate SG-1. The composer also created the Emmy-nominated theme to Stargate Atlantis. He was nominated for two other Emmy Awards, including his music for the SG-1 Season One episode “The Nox” and the Atlantis Season Two episode “Grace Under Pressure.”

He made his first move into video games music in 2006, scoring Call of Duty 3. During his final years, Goldsmith relocated to Hidden Hills, California, where he built a superior home studio in his backlot.

It is often overlooked just how important music compositions are in a film or television show, but to me Joel was one of the greats.

Since we will have guests from both Star Trek & Stargate at LFCC I personally feel that it would be fitting if Showmasters could arrange some kind of tribute in Joel's honour. To remember both the man and the outstanding compositions he created.

As some of you might already be aware Joel Goldsmith, the famed composer behind all three Stargate television series (334 episodes) and two DVD movies, passed away on April 29 after a long battle with cancer. He was 54.

Joel was the son of famed composer Jerry Goldsmith, who passed away in 2004. The two collaborated to create the score for Star Trek: First Contact in 1996.

WTF!!!? I had not heard this. Great idea and all my best thoughts and wishes to the Goldsmith family.