Episode III Title

emotionalvampire

I saw that, however I doubt these to be the final title.

When Episode I was filming it had the working title of "The Beginning", Episode II's was "Jar Jar's Big Adventure!" (No kidding - Anthony Daniels confirmed this to me himself!), so I suspect that those titles could be working titles.

"An Empire Divided" is also the name of an upcoming Star Wars PC game called Star Wars Galaxies.

From The Force.net; "As gamers know, “An Empire Divided” is the name of Star Wars Galaxies, and it is unlikely George Lucas would use it"

Obi-Wan :yoda:

Episode II's was "Jar Jar's Big Adventure!"

You can not honestly tell me people belived that.

It wasn't meant to be a serious title. George didn't have any potential titles so he jokingly named it "Jar Jar's Big Adventure" while they were filming and everyone just called it that on set up until the film's final title was announced.

Obi-Wan

An Empire Devided would be a pretty silly name for the film considering that it is still a Republic - and will probably remain that way until near on the end of the film. I've always thought that Lucas would use something that describes the downfall of the Republic and the emergence of the Empire in the title - something along the lines of "The Republic Falls" or even "Rise of the Empire". Something short but sweet that lets us know exactly what it is about - after all thats what all of the other films have witnessed in their titles.

Incidently, while on the subject of titles - have any other star wars fans had the same argument as me regarding the identity of the Phantom Menace? lol - so many people that I have come accross that are not real star wars fans claim the Phantom Menace to have been Darth Maul!!! They must be missing something there!!! I try explaining to them the meaning of the word "Phantom" but they don't get it!!

I like "Star Wars Episode III: Jar Jar Vs The Ewoks"

Obi-Wan :yoda:

"Star Wars Episode III: The untimley death of jar jar binks"...ok it wouldnt work but it sounds promising........

:firedevil:

By the way Darth_owl, you wouldn't happen to be a Sheffield Wednesday fan would you?

The sky is blue, the clouds are white, thats why God's a Wednesdayite!!!

Indeed I am a wednesday fan mate, hard times at the moment. Are you a fellow owl?

Do you think Jar Jars gonna die in Epi 3?

I reckon the whole Anakin thing is a bluff - it's Jar Jar who turns to the darkside...maybe he becomes that clumsy Stormtrooper who bangs his head in EP4 lol!

Obi-Wan :P

Jar Jar was too central a character in Episode I for him to survive and not appear in any way in the Original Trilogy - so unless George has any surprises for us in his "Ultimate Edition" of the OT then I would expect either one of two fates for Mr. Binks in Episode III - either he will die on a space craft/planet being blown away by Imperial forces or he will move to Alderaan and will subsequently be killed in Episode IV. I think that the latter is the more likely. That way we wont actually see jar jar die, but we know that he will be killed when Alderaan gets blasted into oblivion.

By the way Darth_owl, you wouldn't happen to be a Sheffield Wednesday fan would you?

Indeed I am a wednesday fan mate, hard times at the moment. Are you a fellow owl?

Certainly am. Hard times is right. But good times will come again my friend. :firedevil:

Certainly am. Hard times is right. But good times will come again my friend. :P

You may be interested in visiting the message board I run then mate - www.owlszone.co.uk feel free to take a peek

Jar Jar was too central a character in Episode I for him to survive and not appear in any way in the Original Trilogy - so unless George has any surprises for us in his "Ultimate Edition" of the OT then I would expect either one of two fates for Mr. Binks in Episode III - either he will die on a space craft/planet being blown away by Imperial forces or he will move to Alderaan and will subsequently be killed in Episode IV.  I think that the latter is the more likely.  That way we wont actually see jar jar die, but we know that he will be killed when Alderaan gets blasted into oblivion.

:angel: if thats the case,the death star did a good job!

im not sure,but was ROTJ 'called' blue harvest or something?a fake name (while filming)? :rolleyes:

I think to preceed A NEW HOPE its got to be a bleak one, just for the episode names to fit, e.g The fall of a Jedi - I know thats crappy but you get the jist.

It'd be a good twist to the plot if Luke and Leia turned out to be Obi-wan's kids. Thats THE obi-wan you understand not the forum one :unsure:

This idea may sound a little bizarre but the thing (in fact the only thing) that brasses me off about the saga is that the final film can't really throw any major suprises at us unless we've been lead in the wrong direction......

I think to preceed A NEW HOPE its got to be a bleak one, just for the episode names to fit, e.g The fall of a Jedi - I know thats crappy but you get the jist.

It'd be a good twist to the plot if Luke and Leia turned out to be Obi-wan's kids. Thats THE obi-wan you understand not the forum one :firedevil:

This idea may sound a little bizarre but the thing (in fact the only thing) that brasses me off about the saga is that the final film can't really throw any major suprises at us unless we've been lead in the wrong direction......

I disagree - there is so much unravelling that can be had in Episode III - maybe not relating to the OT, but in terms of setting a few things straight about Qui Gon, Sidious, Syfo Dyas, Mace, Yoda, Owen, Ben, Anakin, Padme, etc.