New venue in Kent - would love to see a con' there.

Hi there,

My friends and me have been to LFCC for some years and we love it.

There's a new events venue being built at Bluewater Mall in Kent that will be open by the end of the year.

My friends and me would love to see a scifi convention there. It has great transport links so would be very accessible.

Thanks for listening :D

The problem is there are venues everywhere, its persuading the rest of the country (or world even) to come to your little corner of it. If Showmasters hold an event in the South East, makes more sense to hold in London, since most of the country would have to come via it anyway.

What I think might work would be to have some sort of travelling roadshow, maybe a dozen guests travelling to a dozen smaller venues. It would help promote the bigger ones too.

The problem is there are venues everywhere, its persuading the rest of the country (or world even) to come to your little corner of it. If Showmasters hold an event in the South East, makes more sense to hold in London, since most of the country would have to come via it anyway.

What I think might work would be to have some sort of travelling roadshow, maybe a dozen guests travelling to a dozen smaller venues. It would help promote the bigger ones too.

bluewater would be fantastic for something, just up the road from my parents!!

• 2 months later...

I'm happy about this too, it looks like a great new venue and will be attached to the cinema there so we can have screenings and proper sound at the talks. Brilliant. Also let's be honest here, MOST, not all but most Brit actors are based in London which is probably why they're happy to attend South East based events. They can pop along for the day and be home in time for dinner. Can't blame them for that!