All LFCC crew please read!

Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

When volunteering to crew it is a commitment, one we hope you all take very seriously. We understand that other things in life can get in the way but I just want to re-iterate what I said last year.

We do NOT have a huge number of spare crew at this show. We can't simply take on an extra 20 "just in case", because the expenses, food and hotel for those extra 20 crew would cost the show around £2300. It is going to be a MASSIVE MASSIVE show and we are going to need EVERYONE.

So to make it clear, if you pull out YOU WILL be effecting the show. So please do think long and hard before pulling out. Please do not think "well it's only me, it won't matter!", because at last year’s LFCC we had over 30 people do that (17 of which just didn't turn up on the Saturday) and then it REALLY did matter.

So please only pull out if you absolutely have to. And as per the crew handbook (which I know you've all read) please make sure you text me if you do need to pull out, or are going to be late.

Thanks,

Stuart.

TooTall, if for any reason you do find anyone needing to pull out now or closer to the show that can give you notice, I would be able to crew as I can change my own plans. If you need any extra hands let me know as I could have at least one brother on standby too :)

• Showmasters Admin

TooTall, if for any reason you do find anyone needing to pull out now or closer to the show that can give you notice, I would be able to crew as I can change my own plans. If you need any extra hands let me know as I could have at least one brother on standby too :)

Sorry, who is this?

I have guilt-tripped my boss into giving me the time off, using the "But I do soooo much for the company" line. I'd not drop out if they paid me triple time! Quadruple time might start me thinking, but not triple!

If I have problems getting the time off, I just say I need it for an important family occasion. Works every time.

When applying to crew I always leave it to the last minute to apply. That may make it look like I'm not organised and forget about it (I probably am but that's not the point), but it guarantees as much as possible that I can commit. If something like a family funeral came up that I obviously couldn't miss then I would have to pull out of crewing, but there is very little that would stop me from crewing once I have emailed in.

• Showmasters Admin

When applying to crew I always leave it to the last minute to apply. That may make it look like I'm not organised and forget about it (I probably am but that's not the point), but it guarantees as much as possible that I can commit. If something like a family funeral came up that I obviously couldn't miss then I would have to pull out of crewing, but there is very little that would stop me from crewing once I have emailed in.

And obviously something like a funeral we'd fully understand.

It's just that every year at LFCC we seem to have people pull out for next to no reason. It's those people that this is aimed at, that I REALLY want them to think about it and to understand that "just them" pulling out DOES have an effect on the whole event.

I have guilt-tripped my boss into giving me the time off, using the "But I do soooo much for the company" line. I'd not drop out if they paid me triple time! Quadruple time might start me thinking, but not triple!

If I have problems getting the time off, I just say I need it for an important family occasion. Works every time.

Yeah, but that becomes a little difficult when your mother works at the same bus garage as you.....

Yeah, but that becomes a little difficult when your mother works at the same bus garage as you.....

Yes, I can see why that might make things a bit tricky .......