Craig Parker and Mark Fergy!

tenshidarkangel

I guess that's where opinions differ then. I'm not looking to meet people again and again just because they're nice. For most guests, that doesn't appeal to me at all. I want the opportunity to meet people i've never met, people I admire and have always wanted to meet. And as I said previously, the mere fact that ANYONE would rather prefer new guests to people like Parker and Ferguson shows that more people would likely go if there was new people.

Honestly, if their 6 guests for the event included the 3 already announced and Craig and Mark, do you really think they'd sell anywhere near enough tickets to break even? I'd say they need at least 3 guests to be announced who are big/rare for the event to sell well

I guess that's where opinions differ then. I'm not looking to meet people again and again just because they're nice. For most guests, that doesn't appeal to me at all. I want the opportunity to meet people i've never met, people I admire and have always wanted to meet. And as I said previously, the mere fact that ANYONE would rather prefer new guests to people like Parker and Ferguson shows that more people would likely go if there was new people.

Honestly, if their 6 guests for the event included the 3 already announced and Craig and Mark, do you really think they'd sell anywhere near enough tickets to break even? I'd say they need at least 3 guests to be announced who are big/rare for the event to sell well

Generally id agree. However! With a certain film filming and alot of the old cast going back for it Eg Ian of Mckellen, Elijah, Orlando, Cate, Andy ect it may make things difficult and there may be people who havent met them before its been a long time since an english LOTR con and hopefully in the last 10 years we have a new generation of elf/hobbit/Orc? lovers out there who maybe missed the chance. I am already getting ready to buy my ticket when ive already met the main guest John because im loyal to the films and love the opertunity to hang with the rings gang again! ITS BEEN TOOOOOO LOOOOOOOONG XP

Generally id agree. However! With a certain film filming and alot of the old cast going back for it Eg Ian of Mckellen, Elijah, Orlando, Cate, Andy ect it may make things difficult and there may be people who havent met them before its been a long time since an english LOTR con and hopefully in the last 10 years we have a new generation of elf/hobbit/Orc? lovers out there who maybe missed the chance. I am already getting ready to buy my ticket when ive already met the main guest John because im loyal to the films and love the opertunity to hang with the rings gang again! ITS BEEN TOOOOOO LOOOOOOOONG XP

WEll I've only met John before so I'm ok with ANYONE going! The more the merrier imho. :)

See the thing is i'm not just thinking about my own wishes. I'm thinking about what would make the event a success, and what I believe would generate more interest and ticket sales. And I do believe that IF it was an event of the kind of guests that are already announced(again, not criticising anyone in particular as i've met 2 of them before and enjoyed meeting them) I don't think a lot of people would instantly nab tickets.

When there's a convention, for 90% of potential attendees, it ALWAYS boils down to 'what guests are going?'. And quite a few people will be looking at the lineup right now saying 'met him, met him, met him, no need for me to go so far' The con is at least 90 quid a ticket, plus hotel bills and travel for a lot of people, there will always have to be a very strong guest list to generate interest, not just the fact it's an awesome film and some people are 'loyal' to it

Edited by JacknDaniel

I think this is a no win discussion.

I agree with jackndaniel...Its not just ticket price, its all the other payouts that go with it, and the distance to travel.

I know there is hopefully gonna be a fist signer there...but its gonna have to be a goody to entice me.

And i am a hard line LOTR fan...with some wicked costumes i am dying to wear again.