Cosplay Zone at CM London

TurkFox

The Cosplay Workshops

Throughout the day there will be an area set aside where expert cosplayers will demonstrate various aspects of cosplay making. Interested in how to make that perfect costume? Check it out!

Cosplay Chillout

Tired after all that cosplaying? Come, pull up a chair and chill out in the cosplay zone. With tables provided it's also an excellent place to do any repairs or alterations to your costumes.

Cosplay Photo Zone

Cosplay Portrait (http://www.cosplayportrait.com) will be providing a full on site studio with backdrop, lighting and photo printing. All photos taken will immediately be available for you to buy. These images will be fully mounted and can bagged ready to display!

Cosplay Events & Talks

SATURDAY

10am - 11am: The Steampunk Guide

This panel will cover information about what Steampunk is (and isn’t!), where it came from, and most importantly- how to do it! Includes advice for where to find inspiration, where to get items, and how to make things yourself. Also includes advice for anyone thinking of making a Steampunk character- where to start and how to develop one further.

12pm - 1pm: The Cosplay Skit Guide

Sometimes you want to do a little more on stage than just pose- this panel is for you! This is a guide for anyone who wants to do a skit on stage, including advice for scripting, practicing, tech and much more. Includes a Q&A so you can get advice specific to any ideas you have.

3pm - 4pm: Cosplay Masquerade

This is your chance to show off the costumes you have made and compete to win a prize! We suggest registering in advance using the registration form (linked below). On-the-day registration will be until 1pm. No skits in the masquerade, they should be entered into the Skit Contest.

Rules: [link]

Registration Form: [link]

4pm - 5pm: Cosplay Skit Contest

A chance to compete on your own or with your friends! More information here: [link]

SUNDAY

12pm - 1pm: Making the Most of Your Masquerade Moment

Being in a masquerade is pretty scary, especially if you’ve never done it before. This guide covers tips for how to act on stage. It will cover walking, posing and how to hold weapons and props correctly. Matthew Fielder is trained in several forms of martial arts so will be giving advice for how to correctly pose for characters. You only get the stage for a moment- this is how to make the most of it!

2pm - 3pm: Beginner's Props

3pm - 4pm: Cosplay Masquerade

This is your chance to show off the costumes you have made and compete to win a prize! We suggest registering in advance using the registration form (linked below). On-the-day registration will be until 1pm. No skits in the masquerade, they should be entered into the Skit Contest.

Rules: [link]

4pm - 5pm: The Talent Show

You don't need to be in cosplay to enter this event. More information can be found here:[link]

(can this be pinned?)

Edited by TurkFox

Ah, cool, so I wasn't being dim and not seeing it. lol

Another, maybe silly question, but are there mirrors in the changing booths? I kind of need to see what I'm doing when I put mine on, otherwise I'll have to get my girlfriend to tell me what's out of place.