No Rooms at Hilton for ET5?

MjCullen

So i am on the phone right now and they are telling me there are only single rooms available and i have just had to book those - And that they were the last two??

Do we know if more rooms will be available at the Con rate??

Edited by Mj Cullen

There were twin rooms up yesterday when I booked one. They do tend to put rooms up in batches so its quite possible that some could come up in the next few days.

I wanted a double but had to go for a twin but if more come up I am gonna swap for a double.

All I can suggest is keep checking over the next couple of weeks.

Well i booked the single rooms they had left and they have put a note on my reservation to say i want one twin and one queen room.

But they are still telling me that they don't have any others available.

I'll give them another try tomorrow and see what they say.

Just had a look at the website and it is still showing twin rooms available. Have you tried booking through the website?

I tried over the website but it wouldn't give me the con rate when i tried to book it.

Maybe its because i am looking at 17th - 21st? I'm wondering if that could be why?

Still the woman on the phone really was not much help and i suppose the accents didn't help either.

I've had no trouble phoning them before to book though.

You can only book con rate Friday-Sunday night. Thursday or a Monday night would need to be booked under normal rate. I remember someone having same problem when booking ET4.

See if you can speak to Emily on reception she was extremely helpful when I had a problem this weekend.

Thanks for the suggestion. I find it hard to actually get through to the hotel - i end up speaking to some reservation desk in america by the sounds of it.

I've re-checked the site and it's now giving con rate for the Friday and Saturday nights only.

Even thought the Hilton site says this:

---------

Eternal Twilight 5

Welcome to the Eternal Twilight 5 reservation site!

A block of rooms have been reserved for February 17, 2011 - February 20, 2011.

Booking a reservation from our site is simple. To begin the process, click on "Book a Room" below to receive your group's preferred rate.

See you at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole hotel in February!

We hope you enjoy your stay and your group's event!

----

Think i will wait until tomorrow and see if more are available at the Con rate.

Thank you for the advice all.

I have had to book the nights separately, as that is the only way the hotel website would recognise the code - really strange.

So i have a reservation for thursday night, another for Friday to Sunday and then another for Sunday - Monday.

Totally stupid!

But it worked and i have rooms booked now.