we need your help guys ok

showmasters

• Moderators

I'm doing very well at getting people interested. Unfortunately so far I've had several interested people, none of whom can quite afford to make it/manage to travel over for it. Will keep trying though...

It might help next time if the Hub wasn't during Barrowman's tour!. We are going to the Hub, but this time didn't book straight away, and didn't book gold like we normally do. In fact we only decided to definitely go to the Hub a few days ago, when we figured we could just about squeeze it in (both physically and financially) between Barrowman's opening night on the Friday and his Royal Albert Hall concert on the Monday!

I'm not really sure something like that can be taken into account alongside dates available for venues, and other guests availability etc.

It's unfortunate that it has fallen that way, but I don't think it's something that will be high on the priority list for timings.

I know, but I'm just saying that that is one of the factors that might affect the number of attendees. NOT that Barrowman would otherwise have attended the hub, but that there are fans of TW who would normally go to a TW convention whether Barrowman was there or not, but who are also fans of Barrowman and would not want to miss his concerts to do so.

Edited by rionia

It might help next time if the Hub wasn't during Barrowman's tour!. We are going to the Hub, but this time didn't book straight away, and didn't book gold like we normally do. In fact we only decided to definitely go to the Hub a few days ago, when we figured we could just about squeeze it in (both physically and financially) between Barrowman's opening night on the Friday and his Royal Albert Hall concert on the Monday!

I'm not really sure something like that can be taken into account alongside dates available for venues, and other guests availability etc.

It's unfortunate that it has fallen that way, but I don't think it's something that will be high on the priority list for timings.

I know, but I'm just saying that that is one of the factors that might affect the number of attendees. NOT that Barrowman would otherwise have attended the hub, but that there are fans of TW who would normally go to a TW convention whether Barrowman was there or not, but who are also fans of Barrowman and would not want to miss his concerts to do so.

Actually the reason Im going to the Hub is the JB tour! I was so happy to see that I could fly over to the UK and do both the Hub and two of the concerts. I don't think I would (or could have afford) to have gone over just for the con itself this time. It's perfect when two things I love is around the same time! :lol:

Actually the reason Im going to the Hub is the JB tour! I was so happy to see that I could fly over to the UK and do both the Hub and two of the concerts. I don't think I would (or could have afford) to have gone over just for the con itself this time. It's perfect when two things I love is around the same time! :D

It's fortunate (and nice) that its economical for you to combine the two events. To me, unfortunately, it was an additional cost, and a bit of a logistical headache!

well that's the date and its going ahead , this thread it how to get the word out not change the date or the next event so thank you to all the fans helping this event you are doing a great job thank you

see you there soon

jason :YAHOO:

er, where was anyone trying to change the date of hub5? (especially as I said I've already booked!)

Edited by rionia

I'll always try and get to the Hubs, no matter the guests really.

This time though, I have no job or no student loan to pay for it, so I cant come even if I really wanted to.

Marsters would of made me try and find the money somewhere at least for standard, but Warp 10 has taken my big con money this year, along with LFCC, MK and Bad Wolf.

So what I'm saying is, you guys run too many good events :D I cant make all of them, and this year the second Hub is what got dropped.

Sorry guys.