Patrick Mcnee

bunny-summers

Well no offence to some of you in enthusiastically posting in the guest suggestions but its a lot to wade through. My only ever major guest want since i was 15 (ten years ago, lol) is the legend that is Patrick Mcnee. The man is an absolute legend. Please please please please please please please please SM :thumbup:

Well no offence to some of you in enthusiastically posting in the guest suggestions but its a lot to wade through. My only ever major guest want since i was 15 (ten years ago, lol) is the legend that is Patrick Mcnee. The man is an absolute legend. Please please please please please please please please SM :smile:

I would love to see him at a show. One of my favourites too. Over the last few years when signing shows here have gotten bigger I often wondered if he'd ever be a guest. So when I met Honor Blackman at a different event last year I asked her about Patrick and if she thought he'd come to a show here. She said he's lived in California for many years and she mentioned something about the climate there health-wise being a factor (not sure if she meant for Patrick or a family member and didn't want to ask any deeper). She seemed to mean that as he's so settled there it would be hard to get him for a show.

But - as we know Autographica and all the SM shows surprise us all the time with the guests they get and I'm sure he must be one who they've thought about.

He'd definitely be very popular in my opinion.

Lets hope one day we come on here and see his name announced and make us very happy.

• 4 weeks later...

I got to sit with Carole Ashby (VTOAK and Octopussy) and she spoke fondly and at great length of the time spent working with Patrick.

I agree that he'd be a good guest to have at an Autographica. The reason he's out in the states is because of a relative's health.

M

I have been in contact with someone close to Patrick and she stated he would not be looking to attend a show in the UK. In summary - his age/health stops him from travelling this distance.

Sorry to bring bad news but at least you know the standing.

When I found this out myself I sent off for his autograph and I have just received it back through the mail - not as good as meeting in person - but it will have to do.

Edited by PaulWeston

I have been in contact with someone close to Patrick and she stated he would not be looking to attend a show in the UK. In summary - his age/health stops him from travelling this distance.

Sorry to bring bad news but at least you know the standing.

When I found this out myself I sent off for his autograph and I have just received it back through the mail - not as good as meeting in person - but it will have to do.

How did you send off forhis auto? I'd love to have it to put in my Avengers book.

• 4 weeks later...