Fanfiction comp

talie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may sound stupid but what is fanfiction guys .... ?

It's when people take characters from an existing film/book/tv show and write their own stories around them. Generally there something simple like a scene from a different point of view or a simple what if? type of thing.... BUT in the twilight fandom... most fanfiction tends to just be original fiction using the twilight characters names and physical appearance and that's all. I find most twilight fanfiction doesn't even have vampires in it. The fact that some authors have been able to take down their fic, change the names and appearance to something not from twilight and then actually publish their story shows how much the fanfiction has to do with twilight lol.... and trust me theres alot of fic that's now become published original fiction.... but yeah... don't really want to get into that debate lmao.

However you might find that once you start reading fanfic you won't be able to stop =/ especially in the twi fandom.... it's basically like thousands of free books lmao... the quality of some of the writing in the fics is amazing and in all honesty sometimes the fic writers can write better than a certain other author lol

I like fic too much

Also.... i need something good to read!!! so if someone has an awesome fic to rec me link me! i will admit i'm a bit of a fic snob these days =/ i've got like 750 added to faves on ff.net and those are only the fics that i actually read till the end... or until i ran our of updates lol...... and by snob i mean i'm fussy =/ I like Edward/Bella (or Edward/Jasper but shhhhh) and i like funny fics best... like laugh out loud type funny not don't read, smut disguised as funny... seriously it's annoying when you read a fic and they're getting it on every chapter and you realise there's barely even a plot lol... i also like original ideas like a fic that isnt the same as every other fic out there (that might be hard to explain but meh lol) And these days im fussy about fic length.... a fic does not need to be 60 chapters long with like 20,000+ word per chapter... seriously ive seen fics that were longer than the ENTIRE twi saga word count wise... but i don't like fics where the word count to chapter ratio looks like theres less than 2000 words to a chapter =/.... see told you i was a snob lmao

OMG I TALK SO MUCH CRAP! I NEED TO HUSH UP AND GET A LIFE LMAO..... but i totally won't i'm just going to go read some more fic.....

Edited by bfsfreakaof