Nightmare on elm street remake

I saw this last night and I have to say the reviews I have been reading are not acurate at all, some of these critics are people with no lives that want to destroy a decent movie. I have to say Jackie played freddy very well, and the other actors and actresses were ok and not terriable like most reviews say. Ok alot of you probably wont see this because of the Wes Craven original I just say from a mjaor horror fan give this a chance the story line is great and the dream sequences are excellent and the blood is so gorey, there are cool deaths and also I didnt feel bored in this one at all like with originals. With the originals it takes time to build up to certain scenes while this gave an enjoyable experiance. I do give this film an 8/10. Im sure alot of you will disagree because you are loyal fans to Wes Craven, but just give it a go great flick.

At least it was not a horror remake that did not suck. Director Samuel Bayer definitely has a theatrical sense of direction that is weighed down by recreating scenes that didn't need to be remade. I actually liked the version of Freddy that Jackie Earl Haley gave us. It is what Freddy is supposed to be: dark and scary. (unlike the jokster he became later in the original series). One big compliant is the lazy and uninspiring performance by the lead actress, Rooney Mara. God, was she just a bore to watch. All in all, if you are a fan of Freddy, check this out. A sequel has been announced that hopefully will be more of the director's vision than rehashing old material from the old films. So for that I probably would take my vote down a little to 7.5/10. But dont get me wrong I would love to meet Rooney Mara as she is good looking. But I guess we all have diferent tastes but I do urge you to go and see it at the cinema get the better affect than the DVD.

I do have to say atleast this kept me more entertained than Iron Man 2 Nicky was right about this film, looks like Marvel films are going down hill.

new-freddy.jpg

Edited by MICHEALS KILLER

Better than most of those adequate horror remake, but not a patch on the original.

Freddy just wasn't the same, Robert is the only actor than play Freddy I think. I did think the shock ending was better than the original, but only that part.

Edited by Daniel

Better than most of those adequate horror remake, but not a patch on the original.

Freddy just wasn't the same, Robert is the onlyt actor than play Freddy I think. I did think the shock ending was better than the original, but only that part.

I thouhgt Jackie was excellent, in this version they had to have a new person Robert could not pull it of, freddy had to be darker and mean it not a joker, as great as mr enguland is he was in the first two then I though he lost it. So therefore I would love to meet them two it will be an interesting talk as well to views form different Freddy's.

• 2 months later...

If you like it or not this film will be hitting our shelfs soon cant wait liked this film.

Today from DVDActive comes word that Warner Brothers will release the remake of Nightmare on Elm Street on DVD on October 5th. The extras will include 'Freddy Krueger Reborn featurette' on the DVD. The Bluray release will also include dleted scenes and a digital copy.

nightmarelemstreet2010art1.jpg