ET4 Newcastle Meet Up

Rachel92

I think I'm going to get the bus down From M'Boro to Brum as it's only about £40. It starts off from Newcastle, so if the train is to pricey for you, look into the Bus. The only thing is that it doesn't take you to the NEC so it's going to be a case of another Bus, Train or Taxi to get to the Hilton which is about 7 miles away. I'll worry about the last bit when the time comes.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats not bad, I'll maybe look into doing that as well. I was planning on getting a taxi to a station about a mile away, so I'm guessing that would only be about £3.00 then getting the Metro to NEC. From there it's a short walk. Was going to get a taxi all the way but I think it would be pricey by myself. The only thing that I'm worried about is I don't know my way around Brum, knowing me I'll get off at the wrong stop. :)

Well I might be getting the train after all as I think I've found a website that will cost me about £7 return without a railcard. I'll know for sure in about 2 weeks time. That was it will take me to Brum international which I'm hoping is the same as NEC.

I'm one of these people who has my Ipod on and I always forgets too look as I've got my nose in a book. I'll have to be carefull, as I'll end up somewhere like Reading. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone sorted out travel yet? I was going to go by train, but when I was adding all the extras on it became very pricey, so I'm just going to go by bus and brave getting for the bus station to the Hilton by myself. This way it will save me money for the con.

Rachel, I noticed you were back from your Hol's, how was it? :)

Yup. I’m back.

Wish that I was still there :(

I had an amazing week. I’m trying to persuade my mam to come back next year. So far it’s not going very well.

I loved the hotel, especially the entertainment. There was always something to do. I loved one of the entertainers, Tom :wub: . I coulda killed him one night though because he dragged me up to dance and it was only me and him up! I don't do dancing either!! But I was happy to be dancing with him :wub: I added him on face book so hopefully he accepts.

Here’s a photo of me and him (I was smiling but the stupid face paint makes it look like I’m being miserable :hathor: )

SDC12140.jpg

When I was there I went to 2 amazing shows. Decades and House of Illusions. We went to Decades on the Wednesday night and it was a music show, playing songs from the 50’s to the now. It was awesome! The had a comedy magician on first just to warm the crowd up (later discovered he sings too). His name is Matt Edwards. I think I love him a little. He’s just fabulous. I especially love his voice.

Anyways at the end of the show he was standing outside so me and my friend went to get our photo with him and he turned around and went ‘one isn’t enough’ and made us get a photo of us kissing him on the cheek then told me to ‘call him’. I found it quite funny but I think it was one of those ‘you had to be there’ moments. I was a bit drunk at the time plus his voice and laugh made it sound funnier. Here’s the photo of me, my friend and him…

SDC12059.jpg

Well on the way back from Decades it was 15minutes into the 22nd so my friends decided to inform our rep that it was my birthday which resulted in the whole coach singing to me and a 45 minute conversation on the way back about me. I’ve never felt so embarrassed in my life!!! I coulda killed them :borg:

Well on the Friday night we went to House of Illusion which was a magic/illusion show. We were standing around waiting for it to start and out walks Matt! I was so happy!! The show was amazing and I’m not usually into magic. There was a singer and a lot of comedy elements so it had something for everyone really, even a balloon artist for kids!!

After the show me and my 2 friends went and got our photo taken with the cast of the show (including Matt :wub: ) and then he started singing to me. I wish I could remember what he was singing! And here’s the photo (notice how I’m next to Matt :D)…

SDC12124.jpg

I found Matt on facebook too so hoping he accepts. Oh and I found a video of him at House of Illusion on you tube. Here’s the link if you want to watch (it’s only short)

And here's some photos of the awesome hotel staff...

Here's me and Jessie. He was rather funny and he was quite fond of my friend :lol:

SDC12108.jpg

I can't remember this guys name but he was 7 ft 2!!!! :dance:

SDC12112.jpg

And this is Sowely/Solomon/Jules/Kane lol. He gave me his email to keep in touch with him. One night our air con stopped working so we went to reception to sort it out and we spent 2 hours talking to him and he even went to the bar for us, even though it was closed. Oh and he gave us a postcard to remember him by. Bless him, he was so lovely

SDC12199.jpg

I could go on and on about how amazing it was but I’ll stop now. I’ve rambled on for too long now (Sorry :) )

God he looks quite evil in that last pic. He sort of reminds me of Mr Trick from Buffy ;) Glad you had a great time and I'm sure you'll be about to talk your Mam around.

Going to go and book my Coach tickets tomorrow. Really wanted to go by train. But I'll just kep thinking to myself it's cheaper than driving myself and a hell of a lot cheaper than the train. so I'll have more spending money ;) Sounds good to me. Hopefully the money I save we go for my ticket to ET6 as I can't afford or get the time off work for ET5.

Hey, Just booked my Bus ticket. Leaving M'boro at 10:15 and arriving at Brum bus station about 2:30 and I'm leaving on the Monday afternoon 2:00 getting back to M'Boro 6:10.

It only cost £42.70. I think thats a bargin and half the price of the train! As I think it would of been more for me to drive and paying for parking.

I haven't even started organizing transport yet. I have to wait and find if my friend is coming or not first.

What's everyones ticket number? It would be nice if some of us were in the same group :)

I'm Standard 212 & 213

I thought you would of found out by now. If you are going by yourself the Bus I'm getting starts off in Newcastle. From brum bus station it's a bus 900 to take us near the Hilton. It's saving loads of pennies for the Con which it good.

Not sure yet about ticket number, still waiting for letter. I think I'll be about Silver 200ish.

EDIT: just looked and for N' Castle to Brum return is under £50.

Edited by ~Jenny~

I've made suggestions but some people can't make them

I think we'll have to have at least 2 meet ups so that everyone can come to at least one.

I'm free until September so anything in August should be good for me.

I've made suggestions but some people can't make them

I think we'll have to have at least 2 meet ups so that everyone can come to at least one.

I'm free until September so anything in August should be good for me.

well i get back from america on the 28th august so im free after that :)

• 2 weeks later...