Ariving and departure

Jenny88

Hi!

Here comes the german girl with some questions. Of course I first read in the forum, if I found some answers. But I'm still a bit confused, considering it's my first convention and not my mother language.

When do you have to be there? Is there a time when you have to be cheked in? Does it start on Friday or on Saturday? But I think even if there's nothing hapening on Friday it would be best to come on Friday. (My best friend and I plan on staying at the thisle).

And if I understood it right, you have to registrate for the convention? When and where do you do that? At the hotel reception, when you are checking in?

Sorry if these are stupid questions and I hope the language is ok.

Edited by Jenny88

• Moderators

Friday there will be an Opening Ceremony, Gold Pass Drinks Reception, and then a party. So nothing will happen until late afternoon/evening.

All the main activities (signings, photo shoots, talks etc) will be on Saturday/Sunday.

You can register any time from Friday afternoon. You do not HAVE to be there on the Friday, but you will miss what I mentioned above.

There will be a registration desk where you register. This isn't the same as the hotel reception, but it will be near the entrance.

Thanks a lot for the quick answer. :lol:

Guess I'll be buying the tickets today!

But there is another question, which has mainly to do with my english abilities^^:

On the website with the informations about the hotel booking is this sentence:

"...and full payment must be made upon arrival to the hotel."

The word UPON, does that mean I have to pay everything when I get there? And do I have to pay a part, when I book now?

Ooh, das ist ja toll, danke.^^ aber ich bin ganz stolz, dass es bis jetzt so gut mit dem englisch klappt.hihi!

Sind hier mehrere deutsche? Und weißt du, ob zur Convention auch viele aus Deutschland kommen? Ich hatte schonmal in deutschen Buffy-Foren geguckt, aber nichts gefunden..

Woher aus Deutschland kommst du denn? Und wie kommst du im Oktober hin? Ich überlege gerade ob Flugzeug oder Zug.

Just for the record, we've switched to German because that's easier for Jenny. ;)

Es gibt einige Deutsche auf den Foren hier, aber meistens in anderen Bereichen wie Stargate und Twilight. Ich bin einer der Moderatoren hier, bin also so gut wie überall zu finden. :lol:

Wenn erst mal mehr Gäste angekündigt sind, dann werden sich hier in diesem Bereich aber sicher auch wieder Deutsche einfinden. Letztes Mal waren doch recht viele deutsche Fans beim Event.

Ich bin aus Süd-West-Deutschland, aus der Nähe von Heidelberg.

Bei Hallowhedon bin ich allerdings leider nicht dabei, obwohl ich schon gerne gehen würde. Ich bin allerdings mehr Firefly- als Buffy-Fan. Der Termin kollidiert aber leider mit einem lange geplanten Urlaub, daher wird es dieses Jahr leider nix.

Wenn es Dein erstes Mal in England ist würde ich definitiv eher zu Flug nach Heathrow tendieren. Von da aus zum Hotel zu finden ist relativ einfach. Aber die Bahnhöfe sind alle in London drin, da müßtest Du dann erst mal raus zum Flughafen. Das kann je nach Bahnhof schon mal gut eine Stunde dauern.

Hi Jenny88 :)

Meine Freundin und ich werden dort sein. Wir können beide ein bisschen Deutsch sprechen - aber leider nicht perfekt!

Letztes Mal gab es ein paar Deutschen aber die Mehrheit kamen aus England. Sie werden wahrscheinlich einige Fans treffen, die von Deutschland gereist sind.