Need some help!

Orangepeel

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Yes, you can purchase photo shoots separately ;)

And you'll get a photo of each guest in your pack that you can use to get signed, but you can also bring your own items.

Obviously the guest reserves the right to refuse anything they don't like but on the whole anything is fine.

I think i will just go with the standard and pay for the extra. But i was thinking if i do that it might in the end cost more?

Depending on how many photos i wanted i guess right?

Oh that is good about the photos, as i am taking it you can not take different things for each guest to sign?

• Moderators

Yeah, it depends on how many guests there are and if you want photos with all of them. Some do, while some only want 1 or 2.

You get one autograph per guest included, which can be on anything you want .. and then you can pay for additional ones too. If you wanted a DVD by one and a photo by another, that'd be fine.

Okay that sounds cool.

So from reading the forum most people do the Sliver and Gold. Is there a reason for this? or just simply because you get the extras?

I only really at the moment want a photo with Tony Head so i think the standard would work better for me.

Do you know how the three days will run?

Do most people stay at the hotel? does this make a different. I was going to stay at a travel inn.

Sorry for all the questions!

• Moderators

No problem, I'm here to help ;)

I think people with Gold/Silver do want all the photos, and like the extras .. if you're not overly bothered about getting lots of photos then it does cut down how much it's worth to you.

A lot of people do stay in the con hotel mainly for ease, plus if an event gets cancelled you get a full refund etc and you're covered for that, while you may not be elsewhere. It's very unlikely to happen obviously, but it's one benefit. You won't miss anything though by staying elsewhere.

The schedule for the previous event is at the link below. This will give a rough idea:

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....amp;hl=schedule

This will of course change based on the number of guests announced, but the general idea is usually the same.

• Moderators

It depends on what hotel you book .. some have refund policies, some have 'pay when you get there' so you can cancel, but if you've paid up front for a room they won't give you your money back.

All con tickets are refunded though ;)

The signings and photos are managed by ticket number so your activities are spread out, and you're not stuck in huge queues all day. It's far more manageable that way.

Oh i get it now!

At the travel inns you pay on the day so that is okay!!

;)

I talked it over with my boyfriend and we have decided to do the standard ones due to lack of money. He said we can also get photos.

Do you pay from the photos online or can you pay for them when you get there? or will they sell out quick?

yay!

I'm a bit nervous. I am not very loud and stuff, i tend not to get noticed at these things. Will the guests blank me if i don't talk a lot?

And you know the posed photos i've seen like some cool ones do the guests tend to play around with you a bit?

• Moderators

It's really what you make of it .. some guests will talk, some won't .. so you have to make the most of the opportunity really! :D

They're all friendly. They just won't force you to talk if you seem quiet :P

And yeah, the guests are usually happy to do different things in the photos. I'm sure you'll be able to judge based on seeing others in front of you.

• Moderators

It's difficult to know how you'll react until you're actually there. Sometimes I think I'll be nervous but a guest puts me at ease, and we talk for ages. Other times I only manage a quick hi.

All I can say is that it's often a rare chance to meet these people, and you don't want any regrets of "oh I wish I'd said .." when you get home.

So no matter how shy you think you may be, do try and force yourself to say or do everything you want to :D

I've only ever met Karl from neighbours! lol

I was pretty shy about that, i did get a photo tho. It was very rushed tho. I do not like to cause like delays and stuff. I get worried they will be mad and stuff.

I have wanted to meet Tony for a long time tho, so i will have to be more outgoing!

Can they refuse to sign things? like does it need to be buffy related?

• Moderators

No, they're usually happy to sign a variety of things. When I say sometimes they refuse, it's often like Playboy pics they don't like anymore or something crazy like that .. so as you can tell, it's a fairly unusual circumstance when that happens :D

Karl from Neighbours? Well I'm jealous now lol

You won't hold people up too much. Judge by the queue behind you, and what people in front of you are doing too. It's mostly common sense. The queues are managed in such a way that you should get a little time with them if you want to say anything.

• Moderators

I've been doing signing events/conventions for around 7 years now I think. Started off attending them, but then crewed quite a few since.

He was one of the first I ever met actually, and I can honestly say that he's still one of the nicest and funniest guests I've ever met, so he's a great guest to have at this con :(

I am so exicted! :(

Will be booking my tickets next weekend i hope they do not sell out.

My boyfriend said he is happy for me to have the sliver ticket and him a standard if we have the money :D

What ones do you attend?

I wanted to go to the Nub one, i love touchwood but i am not going to have enough for both!