Coverage of the event

evilwillowrocker

Hi I was wondering if a Staff member could help me out or contact me directly.

I was curious to know what coverage was being recorded for the weekend and if it'll be avaliable to people.

With respect to the contract no recording by the ticket holders was conducted as far as I'm aware but I belong to another well known Whedon-verse forum and transcripts or videos of the Q and A sessions would be o great interest to many members.

Thanks!

• Moderators

The footage is kept by Massive Events, and stored with the rest of the conventions really. They have brought out a DVD for one event so far, so there could potentially be more in the future.

There's no chance they would release footage to a fan forum, as there needs to be clearance from all the guests, and it's a very complicated (and no doubt costly) process.

Transcripts would also take a lot of time to produce, so I wouldn't think you'll get those either tbh. The best you can probably hope for is fan reports and whatnot.

The footage is kept by Massive Events, and stored with the rest of the conventions really. They have brought out a DVD for one event so far, so there could potentially be more in the future.

There's no chance they would release footage to a fan forum, as there needs to be clearance from all the guests, and it's a very complicated (and no doubt costly) process.

Transcripts would also take a lot of time to produce, so I wouldn't think you'll get those either tbh. The best you can probably hope for is fan reports and whatnot.

Ok, that makes sense, why record it if they wouldn't release it. Surely archiving it is a general waste.

I'm sure they could get volunteers to transcribe anyways if they had permission.

If thats so I'll have to be on the look out for fan - reports and any soundbites that were taken. My memory is good but not prestine.

• Moderators

I wasn't at this event, but I have started taking a notebook with me to Q&A panels - scribble down anything interesting/funny that is said so that when I come back to write up my 'Con report' I have lots of notes to work from.

Still haven't managed to even write all of those up from Hub3 - transcribing would be a LOT of work...