Where to stay and mk

gazza292

:P Heya

I was just browsing the forums and alot of people wanna no about the city and where to stay and ive seen some respnoses but ive lived in the city all my life so though i could offer some assitance.

Ive seen some people say about getting somewhere to stay in Milton keynes centre and talk of the shops etc

with that i though i should mention that mk dons stadium is no longer at the hockey stadium next to the main train station but more towards the bletchley area. if you have a looksie on google map youll see the stadium the nearest train stations to it are bletchley and fenny stratford

Transopt around mk is really easy lots of buses every 15 min or so not too sure or getting one straight to the stadium as the developments around there is pretty new but its about a 5 min walk from the main tesco which has buese practically every 5 min.

The main centre is where more of the most expensive hotels are as there are alot of big bussiness in the area as i said its easy to get around so keep your options open but then make sure your good with buses :D

Ive never seen a hostal in mk sorry to people that want one but i know of a few small bnbs in fenny strateford and places near by that i cant imagine being expensive (sorry dont have details to hand) there is also a priemer lodge oppsite a nightclub called pink punters (gay lesbian and transgender) so if you can resist the urge to dance get drunk and fall out the door at closing (5am) then dont stay there otherwise thats where id go (they do good deals also, the hotel i mean)

Taxi numbers for milton keynes:

01908 222222 raffels

01908 222111 skyline

01908 218218 eazy cabs

personally these are the cheapest in milton keynes and can provide mini buses and things, get a black cab and it will cost you a fortune after 12 cabs are more expensive averagely its 6-8 pound from one side of the city to the centre but this varies with time of day and the cab driver.

buses:

from milton keynes central to bletchley (and vice versa) use no. 4, 4E, 5, 5E these are the most regular bus and goes from bletchley to wolverton with mk in the middle and stops at various place in mk just ask the driver :D

cant think of what more to say if ya wanna no anything else or need some info on summin you cant find online let me know

Forgot to mention for drivers MK is on a grid system and loves roundabouts the A5 is the most straight forward root with exits at lake estate, fenny stratford, bletchley (next to stadium) milton keynes central also stony stratford you go past this and your heading out of mk

Edited by gazza292

I normally stay at the Innkeepers Lodge which does a sort of 3 for 2 deal. You can book a room for £39.95 a night but if you book for three consecutive nights over a weekend it will only cost £79.90.

I don't know what public transport is like from the hotel to MK Dons but for anyone travelling by car it's a good place to stay.

Link here: Innkeepers lodge

Someone here, who knows the taxi prices from "Inkeepers Lodge" to the stadium ?

The Inkeepers have very good prices incl. breakfast. But I don´t know, how to come to the stadium :D

With the bus it is on saturday to late, because I want to go to the event early in the morning to get my autographs.

Maybe I can walk, but it is a long way to the stadium.

Someone staying in the Inkeepers Lodge here ? Would be great, because it´s my first trip to england and I have so many questions :D

Someone here, who knows the taxi prices from "Inkeepers Lodge" to the stadium ?

The Inkeepers have very good prices incl. breakfast. But I don´t know, how to come to the stadium :D

With the bus it is on saturday to late, because I want to go to the event early in the morning to get my autographs.

Maybe I can walk, but it is a long way to the stadium.

Someone staying in the Inkeepers Lodge here ? Would be great, because it´s my first trip to england and I have so many questions :D

Shouldn't be more than 6 or 7 pounds if you go through Raffles or Skyline, the phone numbers have been posted in the "newbie questions" topic. The hotel reception will be happy to call the taxi for you. You can pre-book the night before for a certain time in the morning.

I would not recommend walking, Milton Keynes can be confusing during the first trip.

And switching to German now:

Ich waere dann uebrigens die deutsche Moderatorin im Team hier und sozusagen Fremdenfuehrer. :D Kannst mich gerne unter der E-Mail in meinem Profil mit Fragen jeglicher Art löchern.

Ich bin auch bei C15, falls Du also Gesellschaft haben moechtest, mach Dich einfach bemerkbar. Ich sehe an Deinem Nick, mit der Lieblingsserie sind wir uns jedenfalls schon mal einig. :D

If anybody wants to avoid the middle of Milton Keynes (and isn't particularly on a budget), The Moore Place Best Western at Aspley Guise is a jolly fine place to stay, about 5 miles from the venue. Also a rather nice Thai restaurant virtually next door, and a very pleasant pub with decent food about 3 minutes walk away.