Spoilers: Backlash 2009 PPV Card

Will Jones

On last night's edition of RAW we had two matches announced.

Match One - WWE Title Match

The Stipulation - Whoever scores the pinfall or submission does so for their team captain.

Legacy (Team Captain: Randy Orton)

vs

Triple H, Shane McMahon and Batista (Team Captain: Triple H)

Match Two - World Heavyweight Title Match

The Stipulation - This is Edge's last chance at the belt.

John Cena vs Edge

Edited by Will Jones

anyone a bit :P as to why they waited less than 24 hours after wrestlemania to bring back the animal?

a better story would have been when the ref was knocked out to have lecacy and the mcmahons come in and then when they are fighting each other Batista runs in and knock Orton the hell out

that would have been miles better than what they did

and is it just me or can you all see where this is gonna go after Backlash? it seems more predictable than Taker winning at Mania

Surely thats the point ive been trying to make.....its all just really really predictable. And then when they realise that we get rubbish like the end of the HHH vs Orton Mania match where McMahon thinks hes being clever by not delivering the obvious

• 4 weeks later...

I really enjoyed Backlash, especially shane and batista pulling out the finishers of both Demolition and Hart Foundation!

the only real surprize to me was that they had MITB winner CmPunk lose cleanly to jobber to the stars Kane. I like Kane but it just didnt really make much sense to me.

Couple of surprises....most noticably Edge winning over John Hogan (my new name for Cena) and overall not a bad show methinks. The booking was a bit lame with two consecutive stretcher finishes mind you.

Cena is doing pre-film duties on his new film and will not be on the road for House Shows, so, that is why he jobbed to Edge.

Couple of surprises....most noticably Edge winning over John Hogan (my new name for Cena) and overall not a bad show methinks. The booking was a bit lame with two consecutive stretcher finishes mind you.

Cena is doing pre-film duties on his new film and will not be on the road for House Shows, so, that is why he jobbed to Edge.

then why he show up on raw?! WHAT UP WITH DAT?!

anyhoo, Smackdown is apparently amazing this week, even Jakey boy will prob have to admit it

i thought it was quite a dull PPV really, Thwagger v Christian was amazing but i saw it 4 nights before at the glasgow house show so even that was boring for me

Jake have we done a mind switch?

JOhn Hogan turned up on Raw because hes well.....John Hogan and hes the hardest man on the roster apparently :(

I still think the booking is retarded (two strecther finishes etc) but when they do get things right i am fully prepared to admit it.

As for SD, certainly looks like its the show to watch instead of the mostly boring and predictable Raw.

As with when John "Hogan" Cena was filming 12 Rounds, his schedule was such that PPVs and RAW Shows were factored in. That is why YESINDEED, he showed up on RAW!

Okay WILL JONES, I do get what they are doing I just don't understand why? Of the two strechered off at backlash surly a punt from orton would heel quicker than gettin blown up? I think they where planning on having Hogan go out injured at backlash and give him his time for filming and his wedding, but then they where also planning on having HHH have a month or two off to "get ready" (excuse the pun) for the DX comeback, I think what happened is that at some point Monday morning Vince was looking at his raw roster and thought " hey where are my big faces, oops they are suppose to be injured" and decided to bring cena out

As Cena is filming the US, he will still do RAW and PPVs. The only time he is likely to have off is a week or two for his wedding. The only reason Ted DiBiase has time off was because he was filing abroad.

As with when John "Hogan" Cena was filming 12 Rounds, his schedule was such that PPVs and RAW Shows were factored in. That is why YESINDEED, he showed up on RAW!

Okay WILL JONES, I do get what they are doing I just don't understand why? Of the two strechered off at backlash surly a punt from orton would heel quicker than gettin blown up? I think they where planning on having Hogan go out injured at backlash and give him his time for filming and his wedding, but then they where also planning on having HHH have a month or two off to "get ready" (excuse the pun) for the DX comeback, I think what happened is that at some point Monday morning Vince was looking at his raw roster and thought " hey where are my big faces, oops they are suppose to be injured" and decided to bring cena out

They have to sell the punt as a devastating move. Its put HBK, Batista, Vince and Shane all out for periods of time so for HHH to come straight back would make all previous victims look weak.