CLOSED! WIN a seat at the meal with the STARS! CLOSED!

slaycandy

I'm going to have to disagree with you there - I'm pretty into the fandom too, but I don't usually go to LiveJournal for all my needs. Sure, maybe a lot or some of it is based on LJ, but I can think of a bunch of more website websites that can put up banners.

I'd be interested to know what sites? As far as I can see the Torchwood fandom is pretty much entirely based on Livejournal with plenty of comms to suit all your Torchwood needs (certainly literally everyone of the many many many hordes I met at both Hub events was active on LJ) with additionally active groups on Doctorwho Forum, Snowboard and John's yahoo group. I'm sure there are other websites out there but they probably have a smaller audience. Certainly I don't see them routinely linked anywhere? But of course any website can put up a banner for the event whether it is linked to Torchwood or not.

I have to say I haven't seen much advertising of this event full stop on the web but on the other hand I think the vast majority of those who went to the Hub 2 are going to the Hub 3 and the enthusiastic LJ reports after the Hub 2 has encouraged people to buy tickets for the Hub 3 to see John. Virtually every Torchwood fan I know in cyberspace is coming and plenty are travelling from overseas for it. Which is all very encouraging!

The thing about fanfic and graphics is not everyone has graphic abilities/access or time to write a fanfic/may not consider themselves the best of writers. I think this is a pretty fair way to do it so anyone can enter, but you just have to think outisde of the box if you will...

True but whether talent naturally flows through the individual's veins or not people tend to get a lot more enthused about competitions where they have the opportunity to create something -or indeed when they have to puzzle something out like the Head Office competition for those attending Abrams Inc which I think is a brilliant idea for a competition - I think either concept would create a lot more buzz and therefore more publicity.

Edited by Persephone1

• 1 month later...

What about 2 seats at the table, one for the creative people and one for those who advertise? Seems fair. To both sides.

I know this post was posted ages ago, but I was waiting for a reply from slaycandy, but there never was one..... :drunk:

I think this is a great idea, and think that it should be done, because like 'owl post 1992' said, its fair to both sides.

any possibilty?

x

• 1 month later...
How much does the seats at the table at auction usually go for??

First time I think it went for about £800, last time just under £1000.

How much it goes for this time will I suspect depend on whether James Marsters attends. That will hike the price up massively! Obviously John won't be there but Gareth is still a big selling point.

How much does the seats at the table at auction usually go for??

First time I think it went for about £800, last time just under £1000.

How much it goes for this time will I suspect depend on whether James Marsters attends. That will hike the price up massively! Obviously John won't be there but Gareth is still a big selling point.

Well, without James and John the price was £900 so I'm thinking it will be £1,000 for this one. Its going up in £100s.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Um, if you sell the con to friends who go can that be included in pointage? Say 100 points each friend? cos i've bugged another friend to come so its gonna be one big reunion for me.

There's absolutely no way of policing something like that.

A lot of people would suddenly acquire "friends" etc.

The competition is about online advertising really, rather than selling direct to a person.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

Hey everyone!

This competition has been running since March, and as it's getting close to the event we've decided it's time to close it so that we can check scores and find out who our lucky winner winner will be!

We thank everyone that entered, your contributions mean a great deal to us, good luck everyone!

SJ

xox