FANFIC COMPETITION ENTRY

Edwardsbackupgirl

I woke up from a hard night sleep, from staying up with Edward til 5 in the morning. I thought we had school, but...

"Morning!"

Edward kissed me on the forehead and I turned my face to look into his amazing eyes.

He was smirking, like he'd won a prize.

"All ready for school?" I said, smiling.

"Umm I hate to break it to you but..." He pointed to the window. The curtains had been opened at some point.

"SNOW!" I groaned. The worst possible weather, ever.

"So what have you got planned for today? Since we don't have school." I asked, realising what snow would mean.

My bedside clock told me it was 8am.

He considered that question for a moment.

"I was thinking, we could go to my place, and help Alice with some decorations she's putting up for," he played a fake cough and mumbled "thanksgiving."

Edward shifted position slightly, although this didn't seem to bother me. Something that did bother me however, was something he just mentioned. Something about thanksgiving.

I blinked.

"You... celebrate... thanksgiving?" I spluttered.

Edward didn't seem to find this funny.

He put on a serious face, but hiding a smirk, I could tell.

"Well of course we do, why shouldn't we? Don't you celebrate thanksgiving?"

He sounded so serious, I think he really meant it.

"Well, yes, I do. But... I just didn't expect your family to do the same thing, that's all. You caught me off guard." I said. I looked at the floor. Edward was silent.

"I'm sorry"

I moved in close to him and he wrapped his arms around me.

I felt the cold suddenly hit my nervous system, I tried to hide it.

"I mean, it's great you all celebrate. I'm sure Alice has a whale of a time, with the decorations."

I sat up and looked into his eyes curiously.

"Hang on!" I pondered.

"Most families have a meal together too as part of the day. What do you do? I mean, surely you don't cook?" I raised my eyebrows and watched his expression change from serious to his crooked smile.

It clicked.

"Ooh I see." I rolled my eyes. "Yes, that's definitely more fun. Why wait for a butcher to kill an animal, when you can just go out and get it yourself" I said sarcastically.

When we got to his place, Alice was putting up decorations by the door.

She smiled as I walked in the house.

"Hey Bella! You've come to join us for dinner then I suppose?"

Alice grinned while Edward glared at her. Obviously not wanting me to feel uncomfortable.

"Err yeah, I guess I have."

Emmett peered out from the kitchen,

"Hey Bella"

I then saw him heaving a huge piece of meat onto the kitchen table.

"Dinner's ready!" shouted Esme from the table. And I along with Edward and Alice, went to sit.

With six interested eyes looking at me, I began to eat.

name: Katheryn Rodzianko

Edited by Edwardsbackupgirl

Ohhh great entry!! I like your style of writing - I really could imagine Edward and Bella acting like that! Kinda funny imagery going on at the end as well, with Bella getting to eat all the food by herself. Talk about awkward moment for her! hehehe

Well done! :D

Ohhh great entry!! I like your style of writing - I really could imagine Edward and Bella acting like that! Kinda funny imagery going on at the end as well, with Bella getting to eat all the food by herself. Talk about awkward moment for her! hehehe

Well done! :D

OMG thankyou! hehe i feel so proud of myself when i get positive feedback. hehehe i also get giddy! haa

I love the idea of this story! It's heartwarming. I mean, after so many years, the Cullens get to have Thanksgiving with a human, eating all the turkey and things...I can imagine they went WAY overboard with the amount of food they made too, just as it should be, haha! I wonder what decorations Alice was putting up? My Mum always just put fall decor up, except when my little sister and I were in elementary school and brought back silly "art" projects like turkeys made out of handprints or pilgrim hats. Aww, now I kind of miss Thanksgiving! You made me nostalgic, Edwardsbackupgirl! :)

Great job! It didn't feel like a short story. It had just the right pace to make things run smoothly.

I love the idea of this story! It's heartwarming. I mean, after so many years, the Cullens get to have Thanksgiving with a human, eating all the turkey and things...I can imagine they went WAY overboard with the amount of food they made too, just as it should be, haha! I wonder what decorations Alice was putting up? My Mum always just put fall decor up, except when my little sister and I were in elementary school and brought back silly "art" projects like turkeys made out of handprints or pilgrim hats. Aww, now I kind of miss Thanksgiving! You made me nostalgic, Edwardsbackupgirl! :)

Great job! It didn't feel like a short story. It had just the right pace to make things run smoothly.

hahah thanks. umm well the big story where this "short story" came from is about 12pages long... so in effect, its not really a short story as such. i just condensed it to have a so-so decent ending. i know its a cliff hanger. altho, i hadnt even got to the ending of my big fanfic... at least now i have a heading for an ending hahahhaa

hahah thanks. umm well the big story where this "short story" came from is about 12pages long... so in effect, its not really a short story as such. i just condensed it to have a so-so decent ending. i know its a cliff hanger. altho, i hadnt even got to the ending of my big fanfic... at least now i have a heading for an ending hahahhaa

I don't know if this is good or bad, but it didn't feel like a cliff hanger to me. That's part of why I liked it. I was content that the piece could end and I wouldn't stay up all night wondering what happened next. It was like peaking into a day in the life of E&B. Those, to me, are the best kind of stories. :)

I don't know if this is good or bad, but it didn't feel like a cliff hanger to me. That's part of why I liked it. I was content that the piece could end and I wouldn't stay up all night wondering what happened next. It was like peaking into a day in the life of E&B. Those, to me, are the best kind of stories. :)

i know to some it might not seem like a huge cliff hanger... i think because i know that its not finished... so to me it was one. but to others maybe not .:o

not everyone is gonna like it... i'm just very pleased that so far people do

[hahah thanks. umm well the big story where this "short story" came from is about 12pages long... so in effect, its not really a short story as such. i just condensed it to have a so-so decent ending. i know its a cliff hanger. altho, i hadnt even got to the ending of my big fanfic... at least now i have a heading for an ending hahahhaa

This was so fantastic. I would love to read 'the big story'.

You have a real feel for the things they would say and how they would act. :blush:

• 3 weeks later...