Royal Rumble

yesindeed

hey guys

love the rumble match and wanted to know who you thought was going to win it?

i think if HBK is retiring this year he'll win the rumble

but after seeing the Austin promo I'm thinking maybe the rattlesnake could make a surprise appearance

i would like to see a mid card win it though, Morrison or Benjamin

who would you guys like to see earn the title shot?

With the current storylines in place, don't expect any major surprises at the Royal Rumble.

It would be highly unlikely for a midcard wrestler to win the Rumble unless they aim to push him big time.

Morrison is currently a Tag Team Champion and being primed for a full time move to Raw post WrestleMania with a more than likely victory in the Money In The Bank match.

Shelton Benjamin has still to prove he is main event material as he hasn't had a decent feud since becoming US Champion.

One strongly rumoured result is that Jeff Hardy drops the title to Edge and comes back in the Rumble and wins it. He will then give up his title shot to face Christian Cage at WrestleMania who is strongly rumoured to be revealed as the person who attacked him pre Survivor Series and then run him off the road on January 9th. However, this is subject to Christian having signed a contract with the WWE.

Aside from that, don't expect HBK to win it as he is in JBL's corner for WrestleMania andmay not be in the Rumble itself. HBK is on a reduced programme with no plans for retiring in the next few years at present. Both he and the Undertaker were rumoured to be retiring this year, but both have put those plans on the back burner following meetings with Vince McMahon. Both have gone public saying they were carrying on competing.

If I had a choice I would go with Jeff winning it as I am hoping Christian Cage returns.

With the current storylines in place, don't expect any major surprises at the Royal Rumble.

It would be highly unlikely for a midcard wrestler to win the Rumble unless they aim to push him big time.

Morrison is currently a Tag Team Champion and being primed for a full time move to Raw post WrestleMania with a more than likely victory in the Money In The Bank match.

Shelton Benjamin has still to prove he is main event material as he hasn't had a decent feud since becoming US Champion.

One strongly rumoured result is that Jeff Hardy drops the title to Edge and comes back in the Rumble and wins it. He will then give up his title shot to face Christian Cage at WrestleMania who is strongly rumoured to be revealed as the person who attacked him pre Survivor Series and then run him off the road on January 9th. However, this is subject to Christian having signed a contract with the WWE.

Aside from that, don't expect HBK to win it as he is in JBL's corner for WrestleMania andmay not be in the Rumble itself. HBK is on a reduced programme with no plans for retiring in the next few years at present. Both he and the Undertaker were rumoured to be retiring this year, but both have put those plans on the back burner following meetings with Vince McMahon. Both have gone public saying they were carrying on competing.

If I had a choice I would go with Jeff winning it as I am hoping Christian Cage returns.

I have this horrible fear that Vince might win it....

With his return this Monday on Raw, I so hope he doesn't as he would undo the ground made up in recent months as the product has shown a fair bit of improvement. When he won it before it fitted into the storylines, but now it wouldn't.

With the fact that TNA President Dixie Carter confirmed to the Daily Satr website that Christian Cage has indeed jumped ship back to the WWE - a tad childish in my opinion seeing as there are many rumours going around that Christian will be the mystery attacker of Jeff Hardy - it seems that Jeff may indeed win the Rumble.

i was just thinking that after this weeks raw

for a heel Orton has to be the best in the business right now

he is for me, better than edge in my opinion. id say he's tied with Jericho maybe.

the 3 of them are so good tho

agreed, but i think with Christian coming back it will make Edge better, bring Matt over to SD and you get the best rivalry in the last 10 years (in my opinion)

but Orton is Amazingly Talented, Cody aint bad either i just think he needs a better finishing move and more singles action and it will be like Evolution all over again

anyway back to the subject, i hope they don't do the winner coming at at number 30 this time again

its been a while since lucky 27 won it

With Batista out of the plans for WrestleMania and the World Heavyweight Title Match against John Cena, Randy Orton's name has been mentioned as a potential opponent for John Cena. Randy Orton is a good heel, but has a lot further to go to get to the A-List of heels. I personally feel he needs to work on his mic work as he can come off as sleep inducing. With last night's events with Vince on Raw, it could be the monster push Orton has been working to.

Orton has learnt alot from working with Ric Flair and Triple H, and Legacy is either a sign of faith or a test of his metal.

As regards who should win the Rumble, I think it won't be another early or late number as they have done that in recent years with John Cena (there was no way they would do a long match for a returning Cena seeing as he wasn't match fit) and Rey Mysterio (they did the ultimate underdog angle). I can see it being a middle range number.

Oh, and the best heel in the business at the moment by a mile is Kurt Angle. The current Main Event Mafia/Frontline storyline has allowed Angle to shine in a major way. His promos are gold, and his in ring matches have stepped up a few notches.

yeah but Angle is weak, his body is about to crash and its going to mess up his whole life

Orton still has decades to go and not allot left to prove, plus Orton doesn't really use Rhodes and Di Biase as crutches but Angle does, he needs the rest of the maffia to make him look good

Orton may have more years left physically, but he is still rated as a hothead behidn the scenes. Whether he can survive politically is another matter.

Angle's body is definitely on it's proverbial last legs, and that is why you see him in full action from time to time. Aside from Booker T, all of the Main Event Mafia are falling apart bodywise with Sting having major problems with his knees.

As regards Orton having not much left to prove, if you want him to be up ther in the elite heels such as Flair - who is still the all time top heel for all round ability - then Randy Orton has so much more to do. His in ring ability has increased, but is still rather boring. To be able to put on a performance that draws the crowd in, then Orton has to be able to carry any opponent put with him. This is something Flair did with style.

If Orton is still main eventing in 10 years time, then I may start to agree a bit more with you. But at the moment, he has a long way to go.

Oh, and regarding your comment about Kurt Angle needing the MEM to make him look good, what are you on dude? If the MEM didn't have Angle in the group, letting alone heading it up, then it would have died after a month. That is why they brought in Rhino and 3D to head the Frontline as Joe and AJ didn't have that "top guy in a clique" feel to them. Kurt Angle is pure gold at the moment, and I am not a huge fan of his.

All I can say is this, if you had the same writers give the same material to both Orton and Angle in the same situation, then Angle would so far outshine Orton it would be embarrassing for Orton.

Royal Rumble Prediction Update: I have a funny feeling that HBK may well end up facing Cena and Orton in a 3 Way for the title at WrestleMania XXV as it is in Texas and they have emphasised that HBK is in JBL's corner only. There are still spots to be filled in the Rumble itself.

Remind me of when I bet a fiver.... :P

I had a suspicion that he would win as Rev Theory - the band who sing his entrance sing "Voices" - said that they were playing Raw tonight, but then said it had been postponed. Tonight's Raw wil be interesting.

I was king of glad that they turned Matt Hardy last night rather than have Christian debut. Maybe Christian will come in as a Face against Edge now...

did any one else notice the really funny thing that happened during the rumble?

it was when Santino (my personal favorite, he signed my sign back in november i was 1 of 2 people with a santino sign) got eliminated

if you didn't see it re-watch it and look at the people in about row 5

the have S A N T I N O sign between 7 of them

It was a good rumble this year. cant wait for randys story to pick up. Really started getting back into wrestling after the TNA in glasgow last week. cant wait for Raw at glasgow, :P

see you there mate, you not going to smackdown?

give me a shout on this before the events and we can meet up if you wan't, i've said it too many times now but i know Braehead and the arena like the back of my hand and i know where the guys go to get on there busses and at the last events i've went to most came over to us small groups of fans and signed, possed for photos

so far i met

Batista

Kofi

Punk

SANTINO!!!!!!! (he was the best, he was heading into the bus but when he saw my sign he ran over and signed it :P )

HE HE 400th post!!!!!

Candice Michelle

and the ledgend thatg is Mike Chioda

Edited by yesindeed

Remind me of when I bet a fiver.... :D

I had a suspicion that he would win as Rev Theory - the band who sing his entrance sing "Voices" - said that they were playing Raw tonight, but then said it had been postponed. Tonight's Raw wil be interesting.

I was king of glad that they turned Matt Hardy last night rather than have Christian debut. Maybe Christian will come in as a Face against Edge now...

someone mustve deleted the post i reckon. It DEFINATELY happend tho, im sure of it