WIN a seat at the meal with the STARS OF TWILIGHT

slaycandy

• Showmasters Admin

Do you want to win a chance to go out with the guests of Eternal Twilight for a meal on the Saturday night ?

we will be taking the guests out to one of the finest chinese restaurants for an amazing meal and you could be part of this wonderful night out.

HOW TO WIN

we want more fans of twilight to know of Eternal Twilight to help make this event the best we can and this is where you can help us and win this prize at the same time.

Below is a link to the banners page where you can find Eternal Twilight banners especially made to put up on sites, in your posts on forums and on your facebook page, etc

http://www.massiveevents.co.uk/twilight/site.php?linkbk

what we want is for you to help spread the word by contacting sites that are interested in Twilight or are very busy with fans of film and ask if they would put a link up on there site to promote this event

If the web master says yes then you can send them the banners for the event, and once this is done take a hard copy of the page with the banners on it and a print out of the correspondence to prove it was you that made this happen

do this as many times as you can and the person that has been the most busy and got the most banners up on sites will win and be the guest at the dinner on the Saturday night with the guests

one other point, if you get a banner on a very busy site it will count as two links

so do what you can and bring all the info with you to the convention and on saturday morning we will look at all the links people have managed to get up and workout the winner

one last thing, there can only be one winner but remember the more fans that get to know about Eternal Twilight the more tickets get sold and that means we have more to spend on guests, party's and the event as a whole, so spreading the word only makes the event better for everyone

the meal with the guests have been auctioned of in the past and have gone for lots of money once as much as £3000 so this is a very special prize

good luck to you all and let see how many sites we can get these banners up on

jason

now SJ will explain how it works in detail :chair:

I know that a lot of people have been asking how this competition is going to work, and how the winner will be determined. Here are a few things to help clarify some queries you may have.

About the Competition:

This is a competition to encourage the fans attending to help us advertise this event and get the word out about this convention to as many Twilight fans as possible!

The winner will get the chance to attend the meal with the convention guests on the Saturday evening of Eternal Twilight, at one of the finest chinese restaurants.

While there can only be one winner but remember the more fans that get to know about Eternal Twilight the more tickets get sold and that means we have more to spend on guests, party's and the event as a whole, so spreading the word only makes the event better for everyone

To see the original topic click here!!

How to Win!

We are going to be judging the winner based on a points system. The points given are as follows:

• NEW: An Eternal Twilight advert featured on the sidebar of every page will gain you 50 points.
  • A banner/large button featured on every page of the site (For example: in the side bar navigation strip) will gain you 20 points.
  • A banner/large button featured on every page of the site (For example: in the side bar navigation strip) will gain you 20 points.
  • A banner/large button featured on an affiliates page will gain you 10 points.
  • A small button link featured on every page of the site will gain you 10 points.
  • A text link featured on every page of the site will gain you 5 points.
  • A small button link featured on an affiliates page will gain you 5 points.

If you get a banner added to a very busy/larger website that has a lot of traffic we will double the points listed above.

NEW! I have now created adverts and added them to the "Link Back" page on the Eternal Twilight website, if the webmasters use the code given on this page to link back, then I can update the adverts whenever any changes are made. These are designed specifically for the sidebars on websites, and are quite big, so if they are used you will gain 50 points!

If you get any of the webmasters to post an article about the convention, and advertise the event more prominently then you can gain bonus points! These bonus points will be determined by the extent of the advertising you get!

In the event that a few people have replies back from the same website stating they achieved a link back, we will check the dates on the emails, and if they are incredibly close, and it is difficult to determine who exactly was responsible for the link back, then we will issue the same number of points to those few affected for your efforts!

It is worth noting that some of the Twilight/Cast fansites that are out there require a link back for them to return a link to Eternal Twilight. If this is the case you need to not only have an email from the sites�€™ webmaster proving that you contacted them to put a banner up, but you also need an email from myself proving that you also got me to add a button/banner to the Eternal Twilight in order to secure the link back.

Livejournal Accounts:

A post must advertise the event, give details about the event, and link back to the website with a large button or banner. Points will be:

• Personal Livejournal account (That is not F-locked) will gain you 5 points. (You can only get this once, so you cannot set up multiple accounts)
  • The first person to post on a community with 50-100 members will get 5 points
  • The first person to post on a community with 100-1000 members will get 10 points
  • The first person to post on a community with 1000+ members will get 20 points

This is stop multiple postings on the same community and spam, and to stop people from setting up comms and getting their friends to join up so they can post and earn some points. Because of the ease of postings on LJ and the fact that it is harder to get banners/buttons posted on websites, this is why you get fewer points for this section. I hope that makes sense.

How to Enter:

We have set up an email account: competition@massiveevents.co.uk.

Please forward the emails you have received to this address with"Eternal Twilight Meal Competition - YOUR FULL NAME" in the subject line, and as a message also include links to where the buttons/banners are being shown on these sites. Please include your full name with each email and forward each email you have received separately. For livejournal posts, send over a direct link to where the full post can be found.

Your points will be tallied up as we go along.

The competition will close one week prior to the event, when the final scores will be double-checked.

The winner will be announced on stage at the event, and the winner will be invited along to the meal with all of the guests on the Saturday evening! (Unfortunately we can only have one winner who will attend the meal with the guests, there will still be the usual auction, so if you don't win you can still bid for a seat at the table!)

GOOD LUCK!!!

SJ

xox

If you have any further questions please feel free to reply and I'll try to answer as soon as possible!

Edited by showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Help ! I just send a e-mail and it come back saying there was a problem and it couldn't be deliver :poki: Is there a mistake in the adress ?

The email address should be working fine, I've already had a couple of emails sent in. Make sure you copied it correctly, and try again, :)

competition@massiveevents.co.uk

SJ

xox

I'm kinda depressed cause there's emails that I've send that came back saying that the deliver failed and it's been an hour that I'm trying to send them.

I don't know what to do.

*hugs* Are you sure you have got the right email address? Thats mostlikely the problem. I sent mine half and hour ago and they have been fine.

• Showmasters Admin

Rebecca, I think I have got all of your emails, but I have replied with a summary of everything I have received and checked, so if anything is missing don't hesitate to let me know!!!

As to everyone else I have now updated my list with all of the points and replied to everyone that has entered to let everyone know I've checked out all of the sites they have sent in so far.

I am heading off to work at the Glasgow event tomorrow so won't be able to check the emails again until Monday, but that doesn't mean you should take a break! Keep the good work going - and well done to everyone that has taken part so far!!

SJ

xox

Rebecca, I think I have got all of your emails, but I have replied with a summary of everything I have received and checked, so if anything is missing don't hesitate to let me know!!!

As to everyone else I have now updated my list with all of the points and replied to everyone that has entered to let everyone know I've checked out all of the sites they have sent in so far.

I am heading off to work at the Glasgow event tomorrow so won't be able to check the emails again until Monday, but that doesn't mean you should take a break! Keep the good work going - and well done to everyone that has taken part so far!!

SJ

xox

thanks ! and yeah I got the right email adress cause there's three emails who went fine and now it seems to hate me :YAHOO:

I'll try again : D

• Showmasters Admin

I think the best thing for me to do is say that you will get half of the points listed above, 10 instead of 20, 2 instead of 5, etc...

While it is still good to get the word out to people elsewhere, some of those people may not be Twilight fans, and as such, shouldn't be worth the same as getting banners added to Twilight related sites.

And I'm not including livejournals in this, only sites, as I don't want people to go around spamming every livejournal community out there just to get some extra points.

Hope that sounds fair to everyone.

SJ

xox

I think the best thing for me to do is say that you will get half of the points listed above, 10 instead of 20, 2 instead of 5, etc...

While it is still good to get the word out to people elsewhere, some of those people may not be Twilight fans, and as such, shouldn't be worth the same as getting banners added to Twilight related sites.

And I'm not including livejournals in this, only sites, as I don't want people to go around spamming every livejournal community out there just to get some extra points.

Hope that sounds fair to everyone.

SJ

xox

Yeah I think that is more than just fair!

• 2 weeks later...

I've put a message out on Secondlife about this too, there's not really anyway to get banners up...well there are but I've done it through the chat groups as that hits more members :)

Do I get points ? I don't really mind just thought I'd let you know either way the word is being spread everywhere xx