Autographs

Never been to one of the massive events yet but been to lots of the collectormanias MK / London etc

Im bit unclear on below

if i pay the £88 rate i understand that entitles me to free! auto of all 5 guests

assuming i do not have any items to sign

do i then have to purchase 5 photos at £3.00ish or whatever

and then if i want extra autos at £10 i get the photo included

is it also correct there are no possibilities of posed photos with guests unless i pay a further £10 per guest for professional session

if i pay the silver rate i believe that entitles me to some free photo sssions

are these professional pictures or ones i take myself, would these be Me with the guests

taken by crew or just me taking close up pics of the guests

If professional photo session it would cost me £138 for entrance and 5 photos with guest anyway

hope someone can resolve this

sorry if already on here somewhere

but only just looked on here for first time for info

• Moderators

The registration pack will include a picture of each guest to get signed as a personal item. You can then purchase extras, and there'll be 8x10s available to choose from.

Posed photos with guests at the signings are not allowed, so yes the photo sessions are basically your best bet. I know some people have had photos at the parties etc before, but obviously that's not guaranteed.

The Silver ticket includes 1 of each single professional photo shoot.

Thanks for that

are the pics in registration pack same type as you get at collectormania events good quality (usually) 8 * 10 type

i assume everyone therefore has the same picture and you cannot choose your own as at collectormania events

are there stalls selling pics of guests at the event or is it hard to find alternatives

and are they the usual 4 for £10 , £3 each type prices

at collectormanias its sometime a bit hard finding different shots of the guests on the stalls

some only seem to have the ones you get for free (or bigger versions of same)

as far as stalls etc go are there many anyway

it says no posed pictures although i have seen posed pics on some peoples web-sites

who post on the various forums and it says no videoing but there are some on youtube ?

its annoying when other people can get away with it

• Moderators

Last time the pics in the registration packs were pics printed on some sort of card I believe, rather than just the normal photo paper. I think the ones offered when you buy extra are like what you'd get at a Collectormania. And I'm sure a few people asked and swapped their reg-pack one for another one if they preferred it.

There were a lot of pictures on sale in the dealer room, from 8x10s to bigger ones and montage pics etc. So there's definitely other options. The dealer room isn't that big really, but the picture stalls last time were amongst the biggest I'd say.

And yes, people will always try to get away with stuff, and ask the guests for pictures etc. It's stopped as much as possible, but I guess if it's a quieter event then more people get away with it. It's easier to just say as a standard that you can't do it though.

• Showmasters Admin

Thanks

Still a bit unsure sounds like its going to cost me at least £138 if i went

If you get the Silver pass not only does it entitle you to one free photo session with each of the five guests but you also get priority seating (behind the gold passes) for guest talks, and you'll be called for your photo sessions before the standard ticket holders, and you also get an exclusive convention photo featuring all of the guests in attendance (it will be printed at the event and given to you over the weekend).

If you are planning on spending the £138 so that you can get the photos anyway, it just seems that a silver pass may be money better spent, :D

Also remember that the cost of a programme is not JUST for the autos, you also get to go to all of the themed parties, there's the opening ceremony, the auction on the Saturday evening, and you get to enjoy all of the talks that are on over the weekend too. This isn't just a collectormania styled event, it's not a signing event, it is a convention, and spread over the whole weekend. :)

SJ

xox

The registration pack will include a picture of each guest to get signed as a personal item. You can then purchase extras, and there'll be 8x10s available to choose from.

Will this be the case?

I only ask, because at the HUb I purchased an extra autograph and there were no free pictures with it, I had to go and buy one in the dealers room. At Eclipse 1 there were extra photos on the signing tables, but none at The Hub.

Edited by Miss_G