ok a very important question for whovians

Rose_Tyler

Thing is though, he didn't actually use the energy for a full regeneration he just used a little of it to heal himself and then stopped a full regeneration so I think he's still on the same one as before.

I hope they don't say thats a use of a full regeneration though as it would reduce the running life of the show and mean that they'd have to come up with some kind of science plausible excuse as to why he has the ability to regenerate more than 12 times all the more quickly.

Edited by Magenta_Jan

Thing is though, he didn't actually use the energy for a full regeneration he just used a little of it to heal himself and then stopped a full regeneration so I think he's still on the same one as before.

I hope they don't say thats a use of a full regeneration though as it would reduce the running life of the show and mean that they'd have to come up with some kind of science plausible excuse as to why he has the ability to regenerate more than 12 times all the more quickly.

Thing is, he may have only used a little of the energy to heal himself, but he transferred the rest of the regeneration energy into the hand which then became a new doctor. I, as you do, hope that they can come up with a decent way of giving him new lives, it'll have to happen at some point, they can't really kill off the Doctor for good, fans would probably kill off the writer in return for killing off the doctor lol.

Look at the classic example of the Master, who had used all 12 regenerations and tried many ways to either extend his life or get new regenerations. He tried to use the eye of harmony (the real one on gallifrey and not the stupid one in paul mcganns tardis), as well as being offered a new cycle of regenerations by the Time Lords in the Five Doctors. I know that both those methods were kinda relying on the existence of the Time Lords, but if Caan can rescue Davros, then the door surely isnt closed to accessing time lords or their technology.

End of the day DW has again become a lucrative franchise for the BBC, and with moffatt at the helm (aww what am i goind to do with all my RTD jokes when he leaves? And no, i still haven't forgiven him for the adipose) they will think of a way. Watever it is, lets just hope it isnt a mega cop out like the regeneration cliffhanger.

As for the Valeyard, Stackyard, Knackers yard, whatever you want to call him, i just dont want them to go down that road. We already had David Tennant clone (and my missis is still drooling at that), lets not have Mr Possible Evil Doctor. Cause next you will hear about the Doctor's dad suddenly appearing, wanting a kick-about.

The 'Morbius Doctors' are rarely considered canon, what with the First Doctor introducing himself as "the original" in The Five Doctors. He's also called "the earliest Doctor" in The Three Doctors, if I remember correctly.

...Then again, this is Doctor Who, where canon contradicts itself on a regular basis. Feel free to ignore me.

Anyway.

He's still on his ninth regeneration/tenth incarnation, in my opinion. If you want a Valeyard, it's possible that 10.5 could be him - parts of fandom think that, at very least.

Edited by Haruka

• 2 weeks later...