casting news - possible spoilers

RUSS HOLLYWOOD

Hey! all

Russ hollywood here, for those of you that have not read todays sun newspaper this an article that may interest any Doctor or star trek fans.

Acting ledgend Patrick Stewart is to make a giant leap across space - from star trek to Doctor Who.

He has agreed to a major role in the time lord's next series after teaming up with doctor( David Tennant) on stage.

The pair starred in a production of Hamlet in the summer. Patrick-captain Jean Luc Picard in star trek- has been offfered a role in a two-parter involving the Daleks, set to be screened next year.

The new series will also see the return of a classic alien enemies, the Ice Warriors and the Zygons. Patrick, 68, is a big doctor who admirer and has spoken in the past of his desire to star in the show.

He said "I have been a fan, actually yes, and I'm deeply dismayed that i was never asked to be in it.

I think it is a terrific series". A source said "Parick and David are firm friends now, and want to work together again. They've got chemistry and that's what Doctor Who is all about.

"Patrick's role is still being finalised but the plan is for him to play a time lord called the Meddling Monk, who was last seen in Doctor Who in the 1960s. The doctor thought his entire race was wiped out and gets a huge surprise to find another member of his species".

The Monk was originally played by carry on film star favourite Peter Butterworth.

"Patrick's agent is now involved and everyone is really keen. His role is a belter".

So for all you Doc/trekkie fans out there 2009 is looking goooood!!! :P

RUSSHOLLYWOOD :huh:

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Nosfer2, i posted it as it was news i thought fans would be interested in.

It's only talk at the moment anyway, and if it does turn out to be true, then both actor, fanzines, and sites will be talking about it soon anyway.

So there was know way u wasn't going to hear about it soon anyway was there?

Just thought fan would like to know about it!!!

Im not a fan of star trek or Doctor Who anyway so it doesn't bother me

Russ Hollywood

Russ Hollywood

I am very selective about the sites I frequent. Most people on these forums have the courtesy to avoid spoiling other people's enjoyment of their favourite shows. Sadly this doesn't seem to be the case with you. It may not bother you, but it does bother me.

Nosfer2, i posted it as it was news i thought fans would be interested in.

It's only talk at the moment anyway, and if it does turn out to be true, then both actor, fanzines, and sites will be talking about it soon anyway.

Russ Hollywood

While I'm happy to hear about the possibility of Patrick in Dr Who I agree with Nosfer that you should state that you're going to mention spoilers, I was fine with reading what you wrote until you revealed who he'd be playing and the other things you suggested would be in the new series. I would've rather waited to find out when I saw it and let it be a surprise than find out by reading about it months before.

I've edited the topic title as requested. Sorry for not catching this one earlier.

Of course fans are interested in the news, Russ. Thank you for posting.

But still what you posted has a potential spoiler in the title, and there's quite a number of fans who really try to avoid those.

If you could do what nosfer2 suggested and if you find postworthy news again select a more neutral title with a spoiler warning and then post the news this would be great.