Think about strangers for the show please...

nico

Hi ,

i am not the only one coming from France ( or other european country ) for the Collectormania. I've already bought my flight ticket , my hotel... and i am affraid of the lack of guest for now. More there are already cancellations!

Each collectormania i've attend was good , but this one for now isn't. Will you announce great guest like heroes ? ( Greg grunberg , sandhil, Hayden... who were planned for previous shows and not came).

thx

Nicolas

Hi ,

i am not the only one coming from France ( or other european country ) for the Collectormania. I've already bought my flight ticket , my hotel... and i am affraid of the lack of guest for now. More there are already cancellations!

Each collectormania i've attend was good , but this one for now isn't. Will you announce great guest like heroes ? ( Greg grunberg , sandhil, Hayden... who were planned for previous shows and not came).

thx

Nicolas

I hope they don't bring a sandhill wouldn't be much of a guest :jason: We have soom good guests im sure there get more before the day and any heroes/buffy/angel/firefly/BSG/Smallville/SPN guests would be great ;)

• Moderators

I'm afraid "lack of guests" being fixed isn't necessarily going to make the event any better for you. Just because they announce more, it doesn't mean they'll be ones you like ..

Yes, it's a shame that there's not as many guests as we expect, but unless you're into a wide variety of shows/movies, you're probably better off sticking to a convention specifically for something you like i.e. Eclipse for Heroes.

We all take a chance, and sure it's more unfortunate when you're coming from far away, but in the end these signing events will always cater better for fans with wider tastes.

I'm afraid "lack of guests" being fixed isn't necessarily going to make the event any better for you. Just because they announce more, it doesn't mean they'll be ones you like ..

Yes, it's a shame that there's not as many guests as we expect, but unless you're into a wide variety of shows/movies, you're probably better off sticking to a convention specifically for something you like i.e. Eclipse for Heroes.

We all take a chance, and sure it's more unfortunate when you're coming from far away, but in the end these signing events will always cater better for fans with wider tastes.

i know it couldn't have all guests i wanted to meet but as i see past events like C4 it was amazing : lotr guests, etc...

I am a great fan of heroes but of movies too . In tv series , dexter guests will be great!

I came to 3 collectormania in MK for now and will be never disappointed , but for this one you may agree there is not many great guests at this time and that we are soon in September

Edited by nico

Hello,

I apologise for coming into this debate and giving my opinion, but as a relative newcomer, (should that be latecomer? lol!), I really must suggest that its not all about the guests. It is the atomosphere that is generated and such, by being with fellow minded people.

I was at the Glasgow convention and the atmosphere was electric, dare i say bordering on the fantastical and that is with not as many guests!

I also would like to mention and this is my opinion that it is rather noble and cautious of the owners/creators of this show to approach with caution considering the current economic climate. As was mentioned to me in the Glasgow forum, there is a downturn happening, albeit not as influential in Scotland just now, and as such in my opinion I think it is rather prudent of Showmasters as a whole to have such reserve, if that is indeed what is happening.

I think on the whole it has been proven that Showmasters is a successful and progressive company and would suggest that we support Showmasters through these times of economic uncertainty.

I really don't know if this is such a possibility, but I know for certain after just discovering these fantastic people and their shows, I for one would suggest that indeed it could be a factor in there caution and certainly would mourn any demise.

I humbly suggest that we support them in this time of uncertainty and believe in their survival as no company can withstand losses especially with the forecast we have ahead of us.

I apologise to anyone who may take offence with me stating an opinion because of my relative newness on this forum and stress that this is just my opinion and does not suggest in any way that Showmasters or there creators are in such cautious tone. It just strikes me as glaringly obvious that for the future survival that this may be the case that is all.

thank you for letting me have my opinion on the matter.

Ann xx

Hello,

I apologise for coming into this debate and giving my opinion, but as a relative newcomer, (should that be latecomer? lol!), I really must suggest that its not all about the guests. It is the atomosphere that is generated and such, by being with fellow minded people.

I was at the Glasgow convention and the atmosphere was electric, dare i say bordering on the fantastical and that is with not as many guests!

I also would like to mention and this is my opinion that it is rather noble and cautious of the owners/creators of this show to approach with caution considering the current economic climate. As was mentioned to me in the Glasgow forum, there is a downturn happening, albeit not as influential in Scotland just now, and as such in my opinion I think it is rather prudent of Showmasters as a whole to have such reserve, if that is indeed what is happening.

I think on the whole it has been proven that Showmasters is a successful and progressive company and would suggest that we support Showmasters through these times of economic uncertainty.

I really don't know if this is such a possibility, but I know for certain after just discovering these fantastic people and their shows, I for one would suggest that indeed it could be a factor in there caution and certainly would mourn any demise.

I humbly suggest that we support them in this time of uncertainty and believe in their survival as no company can withstand losses especially with the forecast we have ahead of us.

I apologise to anyone who may take offence with me stating an opinion because of my relative newness on this forum and stress that this is just my opinion and does not suggest in any way that Showmasters or there creators are in such cautious tone. It just strikes me as glaringly obvious that for the future survival that this may be the case that is all.

thank you for letting me have my opinion on the matter.

Ann xx

Woooaoah there!. :dance:

Yep there could be a problem even if they did have fantastic guests announced as most of us cant afford to buy food or pay the bills let alone spend out big at these shows.

So, for that alone I am grateful that theres nobody so far that I want to spend my money on. However as you say this doesnt help Showmasters profits and yes could be a factor in the longer term future of shows like this and well everything if the credit crunch continues to worsen.