WWE Unforgiven Championship Scrambles

Jonesy

It has been noted by another poster that the Scramble is the same as the Hardcore Title match at WrestleMania several years ago. However, the WWE has tweaked this match and the following is how they will work for both Scrambles at Unforgiven.

1. 5 guys, including the Champion (Triple H and CM Punk at the moment) will compete.

2. 2 will start, and the other 3 will enter at seperate intervals as in a traditional Gauntlet match.

3. Anyone getting a pin or submission - not sure if DQ's or Countouts are involved - will only be an interim Champion and thus will not go in the record books as the official champion.

4. The wrestler who is the interim champion at the 20 minute mark will be the World or WWE Champion.

I was actually excited about the WWE version of this match until they managed to screw it up with the whole one entrant every five minutes. All that means is that whoever starts with HHH will be buried for 5 mins, much better they all start and we get 20 mins of quality action from the 4 wrestlers and HHH.

I was actually excited about the WWE version of this match until they managed to screw it up with the whole one entrant every five minutes. All that means is that whoever starts with HHH will be buried for 5 mins, much better they all start and we get 20 mins of quality action from the 4 wrestlers and HHH.

Although we can pretty much guarantee Triple H winning the match overall, comments Trips made on this week's Smackdown suggest that he will help elevate some of the participants. He made reference to thinking it may well be Jeff Hardy's time to shine, and also gave great props to Kendrick.

It's two random wrestlers at the beginning, not guaranteed to be the champion, so HHH could appear at any point in the match.

I saw the WWE press release about this change late last night. I would suspect that could mean that Punk may be number 1 or 2 in the World Heavyweight Title Championship Scramble, and possibly Jeff Hardy or The Brian Kendrick in the WWE Title Championship Scramble in order to raise their profiles in the case of Punk and Kendrick, and put Jeff firmly in the Title hunt.

If you look at Raw's selection, only Punk could pull off a decent 20 minute match along with possibly Cena. In Smacdown's selction I think Hardy, Kendrick and Benjamin are the only three who could produce good 20 minute stints. Batista, Kane and JBL will be tongues to the floor in half that time; and MVP will be the same on Smackdown's side. As regards Triple H, he has only had a handful of matches with Jeff at House Shows and on TV/PPV and no 1 on 1 matches with any of the other three to my knowledge.

I personally hope that the Smackdown one rounds out the PPV for entertainment value, but I have a hunch that Raw's will. Mind you, if Jericho does face HBK, I would love to see that round out the PPV.

Edited by Jonesy