The Cocktail Party - format & dress code?

Ellie Jane

Hi, myself and my friend have both gone a bit crazy and bought Gold passes for the con, lol. And, although, we've been to cons before, we have no idea what to expect when it comes the "Cocktail Party"!

Does anyone have any information about how it will be done? For instance, standing and mingling about, or sat at tables for a meet and greet? We'd love to know what to expect, as we will be freaking out big time anyway!

And, another important point....what to wear!! Seriously, normal con parties can be anything and everything, from costumes to sparkly clothes to jeans and a t shirt. As this is a "Cocktail Party" will we need the "proper dress" that someone else mentioned?? Are we talking "smart casual", or just "no jeans or trainers", or "dress up with sequins and high heels"?? Inquiring minds need to know, lol!

Anyone with insight, or who maybe went to the Eclipse event if it had something similar - please take pity on us!! Meeting guests is going panic us enough, without worrying if a full ball gown is the way to go, lol :headscratch:

Standing and mingling about sums it up. :headscratch: The guests will spend some time and chat with each group.

As for the dress: wear what you feel comfortable in. I've seen people wearing a cocktail dress, others have been in costume and others wore jeans and t-shirt (like me for example :P).

The expression "cocktail party" really sounds more formal than the event actually is.

Hi, myself and my friend have both gone a bit crazy and bought Gold passes for the con, lol. And, although, we've been to cons before, we have no idea what to expect when it comes the "Cocktail Party"!

Does anyone have any information about how it will be done? For instance, standing and mingling about, or sat at tables for a meet and greet? We'd love to know what to expect, as we will be freaking out big time anyway!

And, another important point....what to wear!! Seriously, normal con parties can be anything and everything, from costumes to sparkly clothes to jeans and a t shirt. As this is a "Cocktail Party" will we need the "proper dress" that someone else mentioned?? Are we talking "smart casual", or just "no jeans or trainers", or "dress up with sequins and high heels"?? Inquiring minds need to know, lol!

Anyone with insight, or who maybe went to the Eclipse event if it had something similar - please take pity on us!! Meeting guests is going panic us enough, without worrying if a full ball gown is the way to go, lol :P

ooh, good post! i've been wondering about this...didn't want to turn up all overdressed and everyone else was dressed in jeans and a t-shirt :headscratch:

I hope its a bit better organised than Eclipse where I only got to meet 2 out of the 5 guests there!

It wasn't so much the guests moving round as the same groups of people moving around with the guests.

What was the meet and greet like at Lockdown?

I hope its a bit better organised than Eclipse where I only got to meet 2 out of the 5 guests there!

It wasn't so much the guests moving round as the same groups of people moving around with the guests.

What was the meet and greet like at Lockdown?

At Lockdown the guests were accompanied by a crew member acting as their assistant. The assistant made sure no group was missed. :YAHOO: