Tim Schrick Is The Stig ?

nightprowler

According to autoblog.nl, the Top Gear crew was caught while on location by a video-camera-wielding fan-boy of the show outside the race track. It was there they caught a glimpse, of a driver in white racing gear similar to that worn by our Stiggie. More importantly, he was carrying a matching white helmet. The Dutch fan-boys at the site all over this whole blogging about cars thing have identified the chap as none other than former Volkswagen Polo racer Tim Schrick.So now that we know Tim Schrick is one of the Stigs...the question is who are the others... Or better yet...could this have been on purpose? Perhaps it's one big set up to confuse the fans...or perhaps the fans got too close to identifying the real stig? Or maybe we'll see exactly what was going on in the episode that was shot today...

View the pics here............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5suHbD4t6U

• 2 weeks later...

According to autoblog.nl, the Top Gear crew was caught while on location by a video-camera-wielding fan-boy of the show outside the race track. It was there they caught a glimpse, of a driver in white racing gear similar to that worn by our Stiggie. More importantly, he was carrying a matching white helmet. The Dutch fan-boys at the site all over this whole blogging about cars thing have identified the chap as none other than former Volkswagen Polo racer Tim Schrick.So now that we know Tim Schrick is one of the Stigs...the question is who are the others... Or better yet...could this have been on purpose? Perhaps it's one big set up to confuse the fans...or perhaps the fans got too close to identifying the real stig? Or maybe we'll see exactly what was going on in the episode that was shot today...

View the pics here............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5suHbD4t6U

Having worked on an event where Top Gear were in attendance (including the Infamous Stig), I would like to point out that there are 5 different people who operate as "The Stig", this comes for a number of reasons, for which I wont go into at this juncture.

At one company I used to work for my Manager was The Stig, for a short time. There are 4 other drivers, one of whom includes the above listed.

A

You will generally find that of the multiple Stigs, the cars that are tested on the track are by one person as The Stig so that they can keep some sort of consistancy. Who it is I do not know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As was evident from tonight's broadcast of Top Gear, Tim Schrick appears to race in very similar gear to The Stig. With the Top Gear/German Top Gear challenge finally hitting our screens, you had Schrick vs The Stig at the end. And The Stig kicked his a*se!!

Also thought that the Top Gear lads arriving in Spitfires was hilarious....

Edited by Jonesy