50 Years of Carry On

RP01

2008 marks fifty years since the first Carry On film was made. Would be a great to be able to meet some of the stars from the films e.g. Barbara Windsor, Jim Dale, Leslie Phillips, June Whitfield, Jack Douglas, Lance Percival, Terence Longdon, Dora Bryan etc.

Edited by RP01

This would have been a good idea if it had happened in the mid-Eighties, but now so many of the main stars have died that I don't think it's commercially viable. It's a shame as I would have loved to meet stars like Frankie Howerd and Sid James.

In the truest sense maybe it woouldn't feel like a proper Carry On Reunion without the likes of Kenneth Williams, Sid James etc but I would think even if three or four of those names listed atteneded, especially if Barbara Windsor was one of them it would be a pretty good show.

In the truest sense maybe it woouldn't feel like a proper Carry On Reunion without the likes of Kenneth Williams, Sid James etc but I would think even if three or four of those names listed atteneded, especially if Barbara Windsor was one of them it would be a pretty good show.

I agree. The main team are almost all deceased, but this has only served to make the remaining cast all the more treasured. Plus, many of the remaining secondary cast have other credits to their name, so such guests may appeal to people who aren't just Carry On fans. Such names include Kenneth Cope (Randall and Hopkirk), Shirley Eaton, Valerie Leon (Bond), Leslie Phillips, Jim Dale (Harry Potter and much besides)...

There are plenty of others as well - many of whom are better known for roles in other things, but who still appeared in sometimes several of the series - as a few examples:

Peter Gilmore

Marianne Stone

Liz Fraser

Terence Longdon

Dilys Laye

Amanda Barrie

Sheila Hancock