Buffy Facts

emotionalvampire

Well Im doing them everywhere else!

In the season two episode "Halloween", when Willow turned into a ghost, she went out of Ethan Rayne's shop and opened and shut the door? The reason I know this is that I heard the door shutting while Giles was speaking. Since ghosts go through doors.

The vampires of Transsylvanian folkore look horrible? They don't look at all like count Dracula. In fact, they look more like rotting zombies, with the only difference that they can think.

You can't smoke without breathing? Spike does - on occasion - smoke, which is a major nit if I ever saw one.

There must be a Hell of a lot of Slayers running around on Earth in the Buffy-verse? Kendra, Faith, and according to what Giles says about this Watcher-society, there should be at least twenty Slayers, in America alone! What happened to the "One Slayer dies, another gets called"? And "She is the Chosen One, she alone will stand..."

Seth Green is the only castmember of Buffy to have actually have been in the original "Buffy" movie

... sadly he only was in scenes that were cut out eventually

That Pike is another word for Spike. Luke Perry played 'Pike', a poor teenage boy who's friend became a vampire and who helped Buffy in the original film.

It takes eight days to film a one hour episode, which costs an average of $1.4 million to create

The special effect to turn vampires into dust costs $5,000 per vampire

A 30 second advertising spot during Buffy costs $76,000

Long shots of The Bronze are actually shots of the Buffy set`s warehouse

Both Luke {"The Harvest"} and the Judge {"Surprise & Innocence"} were played by Brian Thompson

The signs in Sunnydale Zoo are written in the same font as the signs in Jurassic Park

Joss bases Xander on himself, Oz on a college friend and named Cordelia after a woman his wife didn't get along with in college

The 1995 movie "Bye Bye Love" starred Amber Benson {Tara} as the daughter of Lindsay Crouse {Prof. Walsh} and the best friend of Eliza Dushku {Faith}

Julie Benz {Darla} auditioned for the roles of both Kendall Hart on "All My Children" and Buffy, and that both were played by SMG

Riff Regan was originally cast as Willow, but was replaced by Alyson after the pilot was shot

Bianca Lawson was originally cast as Cordelia, but that she turned down the role for a canceled UPN series

In "What`s My Line, Part 2" Buffy tells Kendra to watch the movie on her flight home unless it`s a "movie with a dog and Chevy Chase". And that this is a reference to "Funny Farm", a 1988 movie in which SMG had a small, uncredited role

Scenes at Sunnydale High were filmed at the same school used for "Beverly Hills, 90210" and the movie "She's All That"

Buffy was turned into a rat in "Bewitched, Bothered, & Bewildered" so that SMG could have time off from filming to host SNL

In "School Hard", when Spike is walking down the hall saying: "Here, Slayer, Slayer, Slayer," you can see his reflection in the glass on the wall of the corridor for about a second. And I don't need to mention that vampires don't have a reflection

Just out of curiosity, did you get some of this info out of the Slayer unofficial books? Because I've seen a few of those factoids before (bloopers, cast working together before, etc).

Here's a couple of other random facts for you:

Alyson Hannigan and Seth Green played girlfriend and boyfriend in My Stepmother is an Alien.

SMG originally auditioned for the role of Cordelia.

SMG knew Michelle Trachtenberg before the latter landed the role of Dawn, and was actually partly responsible for her getting the role - they both starred in All My Children.

Also how is that Spike can do what he does with Buffy (you know what I mean  :lol: ) if he has no heartbeat & therefore there is no blood pumping round his body?

lol B) lets not question tat and thank joss very very much for those unforgetable moments :P

I know - I'm not complaining :D:D

Wasn't me who started this inconsistencies thread anyway. We could be here all day there are soo many but who cares? :D