Scott Hall and TNA?

s.p.d.

I have already watched the PPV and Scott Hall was meant to be there. He has apparently sent a message stating he had food poisoning, but Samoa Joe did a legit shoot on him before the main event in the ring. Dixie Carter - owner of TNA - was p*ssed to say the least as she was at ringside and Joe mouthed to her "if you don't like it, fire me". Kevin Nash was also p*ssed at Joe as Scott Hall is a close friend and didn't like the shoot content. There was a verbal and physical altercation backstage after the PPV. TNA have made no mention of Hall in their Impact reviews fot this week, but the tapings are tonight and tomorrow.

On another PPV note...Terry Taylor & Dixie Carter had a meeting with all of the talent and laid it out on the table that anyone wanting a release can get one now. This follows weeks of alleged unrest in the locker room. Senshi accepted the offer and thus won one of the unopened cases in the Feast of Fired match last night. It is expected that he will get the Pink Slip Case when opened at the tapings tonight.

Edited by Mr.Jones

the spoilers are out for the next impact, the pink slip thing isnt as simple as senshi being fired...

aparantly joe and nash are ok again too

I saw the spoilers, and the Senshi thing was a bit different. It will be interesting to see how it plays out, as also with the other 3 cases, over the coming tapings.

As is evident from the tapings, Joe and Nash may well be cool again as they continue to work together. It will be interesting to see what it is like behind the scenes as Big Sexy pushed for Scott to be re-hired, only for him to no show.

Did you see Mr.Kennedy's jab at Scott last night when he thanked the fake Razor Ramon for turning up?

why what did joe say??? if nash and joe had an argument backstage i can't see big sexy coming out on top somehow

The Angle Alliance came out first, followed by Big Sexy and then Samoa Joe. It was the second playign of his music before Joe emerged, but then went on a near 5 minute rant about Scott Hall punking the wrestlers, the fans and the compnay by no showing. Nash was very embarrassed, and Dixie Carter was p*ssed to say the least.

Noticing this, Joe said to Dixie (off mic)..."If you don't like it, fire me ."

the spoilers are out for the next impact, the pink slip thing isnt as simple as senshi being fired...

Dude, I just got an e-mail from the States about tonight's Impact tapings for next week. On the whole it is no shock. But the two stand put points were that Senshi was used as a lumberjack in an X Division match, and the four cases with as follows:

1. World Title Match: Petey Williams - Scott Steiner originally had this one, but swapped it with Petey's.

2. World Tag Team Title Match: BG James got this one presumably for VKM.

3. X-Division Title Match: Scott Steiner got this one, which was originally Petey Williams' case.

4. Pink Slip - Christopher Daniels got this and cried as he left. I do not know where they are going with this as there is no word of The Fallen Angel leaving TNA.

Source: Stateside Wrestling Reporter connected to TNA who attended the tapings.

Edited by Mr.Jones

On January 25th, the Hobart Arena is advertising Elix Skipper and Senshi vs The Motorcity Machine Guns in Troy, Ohio. These events are advertised well in advance, so it could be just a matter of changing things. With Senshi being a lumberjack at last nights Impact tapings for next week, and Christopher Daniels being "fired", it will be interesting to see what happens. If he has accepted the offer by Dixie Carter and Terry Taylor for an immediate release as reported on Monday night on numerous websites and from a Wrestling Journalist in the States called Elliott Fin who e-mailed me about it, then TNA appears to be doing what the WWE do every year, and clean away the proverbial deadwood from the accounts.

why what did joe say??? if nash and joe had an argument backstage i can't see big sexy coming out on top somehow

If you get a chance to watch the PPV on Bravo 2 tonight, the in ring statements by Joe do hit home. If it is a work, as is thought in some quarters, then it is a blooody good one.

You first find out that Scott has no showed about two thirds of the way through the PPV when Joe is sat down with Kevin. Joe is p*ssed saying "I knew that this would happen". Other comments from Joe included "Couldn't he pass the breatherliser test to start the car?". Kevin is looking embarrassed at this point, but comes back with "At the moment I am just concerned about his health". Joe then says he will be there for the match, but he won't be alone.

At the start of the main event, the Angle Alliance come out first, closely followed by Kevin who looks embarrassed again - although the announcers say he looks angry.

It takes two plays of Joe's music before he emerges and he looks p*ssed off.

He gets in the ring with a mic and says "The people in the back asked me to come out here and tell you guys something to make you happy as you like me and trust me."

He continues...

"I hav just realised that the people in the back have given me a live mic on PPV" - to which the crowd go mental.

"So, I need to get a few things off of my chest".

"TNA has two types of wrestlers. Ones who come out and bust their ar*es every day of the week, and Superstars who turn up just to top up their pension (he is looking directly at Angle and then Nash)."

"Scott Hall no showed this event tonight. He punked me out, and punked every fan who paid to see this event tonight. No matter how old the wrestler or superstar."

"TNA is about the Motorcity Machine Guns busting a gut to get a break"

"TNA is about Black Machismo trying his best to entertain everyone of you fans (SoCalVal is seen clapping madly when he mentions Jay Lethal)."

"TNA is about Samoa Joe coming out here and being the best damn wrestler in the world today."

"TNA is about every damn wrestler who got their first TV contract right here in TNA."

He then looks down at Dixie Carter who is off camera at ringside and says:

"If you don't like it, fire me" (this is said off mic, but the mic picks it up).

He goes on...

"So, I thought to myself, do I come out here and go 2 on 3 with Kevin and make the best of it?"

"No. I was told that they would phone around to find a replacement. But I said no. I said that we had all the guys we needed in the locker room. I asked who wanted a main event spot, and all the X Divison guys sttod up. I asked again, and every young wrestler stood up (obviously having a pop at the older superstars!)."

"But there was one particular guy. Bloodied. Battered. Brusied. He pleaded with me to give him the spot. To give him the chance and he wouldn't let me or the fans down. That man is my tag team partner. That man is "Showtime" Eric Young."

The place went mental, and throughout all of this, Big Kev was leaning on the ropes looking embarrassed and increasingly p*ssed. After the match Kevin just walks up the ramp and Joe just waves him away.

I am in two minds as to if this was a work or a shoot. If it was a shoot, the mic would have been cut. But the promo is a killer one.

Please note that I may have missed a few bits out, and soem things may be slightly out of order, but this was what Joe said in the best promo I have ever seen.

Edited by Mr.Jones

The Angle Alliance came out first, followed by Big Sexy and then Samoa Joe. It was the second playign of his music before Joe emerged, but then went on a near 5 minute rant about Scott Hall punking the wrestlers, the fans and the compnay by no showing. Nash was very embarrassed, and Dixie Carter was p*ssed to say the least.

yeah i watched the re-run on sat - they prob allowed him to say it but you could tell joe was speaking from the heart - especially as jay leathel was a protege of his in roh. russo used to write all manor of shoot style angles in the later days of wcw and they were all pathetic in my eyes. hopefully he isn't starting this up again in tna. they need to get rid of russo now!!!!!!!

yeah i watched the re-run on sat - they prob allowed him to say it but you could tell joe was speaking from the heart - especially as jay leathel was a protege of his in roh. russo used to write all manor of shoot style angles in the later days of wcw and they were all pathetic in my eyes. hopefully he isn't starting this up again in tna. they need to get rid of russo now!!!!!!!

This is where the confusement lies. What was shoot and what was a worked shoot? I think it was a mix.

I know what you mean. But at least they chose the right person to do a worked shoot/shoot mix in Samoa Joe. At the tapings on Monday for Impact next week, he got DQ'd during a match with Elix Skipper and then tried to do another promo but had his mic cut off. Is it possible that they are doing an angle where he is a rebel or something along those lines. At the moment he has no one lined up for Final Resolution in January, so it may be a case of this beign his storyline.

I still think that the promo at Turning Point, whether a worked shoot, shoot or a mixture of both, was probably one of the best that I have ever seen.

On another point, despite accepting the release offer from TNA, Senshi is still working the Impact tapings. I can only presume that the "immediate release" meant in a few weeks time!!

I have just seen the Impact results for Thursday the week after next (27th December), they seem to be continuing the Samoa Joe rebellion/anti pension brigade stroryline from Turning Point. They set up a nice PPV match. It is indeed possible that what started as a worked shoot/proper shoot promo at TP07, is now becoming a good storyline.

On a sidenote, Christian seems to be getting better and better each week. Keep an eye out for the current Angle Alliance/Christian storyline as it has some good matches/promos in the coming weeks.

Source: Impact Tapings in Orlando, Florida on December 10th and 11th for broadcast on 20/12 and 27/12.

• 2 weeks later...

Scott Hall no showed a few more events following Turning Point, but finally showed up for the Main Event at an ICP Juggalow Championship Wrestling event. He was admitting how wrong he was to no show Turning Point.

As regards Samoa Joe and his infamouns shoot interview, the following has finally emerged from within TNA care of Ryan Thomas (a wrestling journalist connected to TNA):

1. Homicide was Samoa Joe's pick to replace Scott Hall, but Jeff Jarrett felt that they needed a major face that connected with the crowd. Jarrett therefore picked Showtime Eric Young.

2. 80% of the "shoot promo" was scripted at the last minute due to Scott no showeing. However, Samoa Joe DID stray off script by takign major digs at Nash & Co for fattening up their pensions whilst doing little other than steal the limelight of the undercard wrestlers.

3. There was a genuine scuffle between Joe and Nash backstage. But Joe humbled himself the next day at the roster meeting by apologising to the entire company, and Big Kevin Nash inparticular.

4. Since Turning Point, the TNA writers decided that they should give Joe an angle where he is championing the causes of the hard working wrestlers to get a fair deal. This was furthered this past Thursay on Impacty where Joe chewed out Matt Morgan for getting outside caterers in and spending money on that when they couldn't even offer Joe a decent salary offer in his new contract.