Gold Pass Change

dillon

If you buy a gold pass it would be more sensible if you were to get free autographs coupons for people on the day rather than any goodie bag. i had GP at LFCC and ended up with auto pack of people i already had. Also the price is the same for LFCC and MK. but you dont pay admission to MK.

why should you get free autograph coupons...the gold pass is for queue jumping and front row seats to all talks...the goodie bag is just an added bonus nothing more.

Get you bitch. who rattled you'r coffin.how many have you bought.

Hey Morag..no need for the language. This is an all age forum. Although you did not like what Dr Evil posted, there are better ways to sound annoyed.

Re: Gold Pass - The issue of autos has been covered before, as has having photo shoots instead as well. But as Dr Evil points out quite rightly, albeit not too your liking, the whole point of a Gold Pass is for queue Jumping and preferential seating at talks. This is geared to people down for a short period of time who want to maximise the autos they can get.

• Showmasters Admin

If you buy a gold pass it would be more sensible if you were to get free autographs coupons for people on the day rather than any goodie bag. i had GP at LFCC and ended up with auto pack of people i already had. Also the price is the same for LFCC and MK. but you dont pay admission to MK.

If you think about it the MK one should be more?!?!?! Why?

The MK events are either 3 or 4 day events, were as LFCC is only 2 days. So with the MK Gold Pass you get at least one extra day of queue jumping and talks.

The in person autographs issue has been discussed many times. I don't see SM ever including in person autographs as part of the Gold Pass.

Edited by Too Tall

I have bought gold passes twice in the past, once for Collectormania11 and once for GMex3. I realise that they are primarily for queue jumping and talks which is fine and exactly what I used mine for. However I feel that I must point out that it is an expensive privilege and to say that the autograph pack is just an added bonus is a bit rich considering the gold pass costs £175 which is a tidy profit for Showmasters before people even begin to buy autographs.

I understand Morag's frustration especially if she didn't get desirable autographs in her pack and is therefore looking for an alternative. In theory it is a good idea to be able to get vouchers for people signing on the day especially for anyone buying a gold pass because if you are prepared to spend £175 it implies that you are desperate to meet at least one of the appearing guests. However I personally think that the reason it would be considered a non-starter is because most people would use their vouchers for prime guests and I think it would be considered problematic by Showmasters. How many vouchers would you get? Presently you seem to get five signatures with the gold pass to the value of £50 (I think? correct me if I am wrong!), if you were a Buffy fan like me and were given five vouchers wouldn't you probably use them all for James Marsters if he was appearing? Considering he was charging £20 an autograph this would equate to £100.

Regarding the autograph packs I received I must admit that I was a bit disappointed with mine on both occasions. I got the Joss Whedon pack on each occasion and each time they had autographs from people who don't seem to have done a signing for ages in the UK, there have been alot of other more recent guests that were not in the pack. To some extent this didn't bother me it was the fact that the pack mainly consisted of the screen grab/fuzzy pictures that I personally hate because I always think they are such poor quality. When I was at GMex3 I had to collect my pack from a stall and unfortunately it was selling the same autographed pictures (or very similar) to those in my pack...and they had all been marked down and where in the 3 for £25 (I think this was the price) box at the front of the stall! If the quality of the photographs in the autograph pack were better I would probably buy a gold pass every time I went to an event, as I am very impatient, hate getting up early to get virtual queue tickets and although I think virtual queues are great I love to be able to just join the back of a queue. However considering the quality of the autograph packs I will now only buy a gold pass when there is someone I am absolutely desperate to meet who will probably have a ridiculous queue. Can anyone tell me if they ever sell out of gold passes? :smile:

I think there should be a poll set up by showmasters so all the gold pass buyers can help mold the gold pass in to something that is suitable for all the buy them and then know one can blame showmaster as we had input in it

matt

I think there should be a poll set up by showmasters so all the gold pass buyers can help mold the gold pass in to something that is suitable for all the buy them and then know one can blame showmaster as we had input in it

matt

I have a feeling the Gold Pass debate will rumble on and on... :D

Do you think they will add a 3 piece KFC Variety Meal into the price as well? :dance:

Edited by Mr.Jones

matt

I have a feeling the Gold Pass debate will rumble on and on... :D

Do you think they will add a 3 piece KFC Variety Meal into the price as well? :dance:

they could...but there will always be someone who would rather have Burger King!

If you think about it the MK one should be more?!?!?! Why?

The MK events are either 3 or 4 day events, were as LFCC is only 2 days. So with the MK Gold Pass you get at least one extra day of queue jumping and talks.

The in person autographs issue has been discussed many times. I don't see SM ever including in person autographs as part of the Gold Pass.

But there aren't many (if any) talks at Collectormania! I agree that it should be a little (not significantly) cheaper at MK than LFCC.