question about meeting fans etc.

teabelly83

ok im really sorry if this is in thefaq or been answered previously. but im going to the show with a friend of mine and my friend cnt afford to get autos of every1, but iwill be, but he will be taking his camera so is it acceptable for him to wait withg me inline when i go and meet a guest? mainly if i can get a photo with them if they agree hes there to take it. or cant he wait with me in line? next to me etc?

thanks guys

yeah he can wait in line and even come up with you to the table and say hello with you...but if you pay its just you who can get the autograph...im the photographer aswell when my gf goes and i always go up to the table and usually say hello to the guest

yeah he can wait in line and even come up with you to the table and say hello with you...but if you pay its just you who can get the autograph...im the photographer aswell when my gf goes and i always go up to the table and usually say hello to the guest

ahh thats great, thank you for that!! i also wanted to know becasue my friend hes a big red dwarf fan, but cant afford any autographs so he wanted to know if he could say hello to them wheni go and get an auto frm them. thats cool then, and also about u being the photographer for ur gf.

who have u and ur gf met and been allowed to have pics with?? i think i wud kinda be in two minds whether to ask for a photo or not, depending who it is ithink. i knw there wnt be much chance with marsters or mcdowell, but i wana meet william forsythe aswel as a couple of others.

Make sure you get 1 virtual queue ticket each if you both plan on going down, and it's busy.

ahh right, thanks!! just so i know!! so when we get in ill make sure he picks up a vt aswel for the guest when i do! so he can wait in line with me.

• Moderators

Yeah that's fine :D

There should be clear signs up about 'no posed photos' or whatever, so you don't have to worry about asking and them saying yes/no .. you should know before you get to the guest if it's ok.

Yeah that's fine :D

There should be clear signs up about 'no posed photos' or whatever, so you don't have to worry about asking and them saying yes/no .. you should know before you get to the guest if it's ok.

yes thanks, altho thats another thing i found confusing, ive seen in photos and at other shows in the past that some guests do have a poster up behind them saying 'no posed pics' or something, yet ive seen pics of ppl have there photo with a guest and this sign behind them??

• Moderators

Well some people are cheeky enough to ask anyway :D

There's not a whole lot you can do - sometimes the guest will just say no, and sometimes they'll say yes because they don't want to seem rude.

I don't really agree with people asking when it's clearly stated NO, as it's a bit embarassing to the guest, but it does happen.

• Moderators

Most just don't want to seem rude by saying no, which is why we try to put the signs up - it stops the embarassing situation of someone asking and being told no.

Of course we can't stop anyone asking if they decide to ignore it, but that's how it goes.

You should be able to see what other people are doing in front of you, and if they're posing etc.

Most just don't want to seem rude by saying no, which is why we try to put the signs up - it stops the embarassing situation of someone asking and being told no.

Of course we can't stop anyone asking if they decide to ignore it, but that's how it goes.

You should be able to see what other people are doing in front of you, and if they're posing etc.

yes iwill, if im meet a guest and notice they are posingwith ppl or there isnt a long line behind me then i may ask, but if they are not posing and there is a long line iwont bother, ill respect there wishes, at least i can geta an auto !

so like you say, ill see whaty kinda reactions and quesations ppl in frnt of me have.