Rideshare or travel partners from London, please?

Just C

Hi everyone, newbie here! :WAVE:

I'm from London, desperately want to go to the con, and noone I know considers themselves 'geek enough' to join me. :crying:

I'm what event organizers tend to call 'the walking wounded' :D - meaning, I'm disabled/on crutches. So going by car would be a lot better for me than having to take trains. Alas, I don't have a car! :help:

I've never been to any of these events, but that's not really the issue... I just don't fancy travelling up there on my own; it would be far more fun to have some company!

I am definitely going on the Saturday, but I'm still considering Sunday too. So this would mean to either get/share a lift each day, or an overnight stay (if I can get a last minute room on the day)

Of course I'd be more than happy to contribute to petrol costs! Oh, and needless to say, I'm absolutely delightful company!:D

Thanks for taking the time to read this....

Updated November 9 :

I'm still looking for that car pool.......noone going up from London at all? :(

Edited by Just C

Hi everyone, newbie here! :WAVE:

I'm from London, desperately want to go to the con, and noone I know considers themselves 'geek enough' to join me. :crying:

I'm what event organizers tend to call 'the walking wounded' :D - meaning, I'm disabled/on crutches. So going by car would be a lot better for me than having to take trains. Alas, I don't have a car!:WAVE:

I've never been to any of these events, but that's not really the issue... I just don't fancy travelling up there on my own; it would be far more fun to have some company!

I'm considering going on both days. So this would mean to either get/share a lift each day, or an overnight stay (my wallet baulks at that notion...free sofa, anyone?)...

Of course I'd be more than happy to contribute to petrol costs! Oh, and needless to say, I'm absolutely delightful company! :help:

Thanks for taking the time to read this....

Where abouts in London do you come from, I think I'm only going for the day, not 100% sure on that yet, but it might help if you let people know exactly where you come from in London?

:D

LLAP :(

Where abouts in London do you come from, I think I'm only going for the day, not 100% sure on that yet, but it might help if you let people know exactly where you come from in London?

:crying:

LLAP :D

Hi, thanks for the reply!

I'm in North London... reason I didn't write this is because I can jump on the tube to pretty much anywhere in London - I don't expect people to pick me up at home :)

I definitely want to go on the Saturday, but am still considering to visit on Sunday as well...see how it goes, really.

Thanks!

Think I might be leaving to early for you on the Saturday (4am) but the day really depends on what days the guest my fiance and I want to see so again not 100% sure on that...

Hope you find someone to give you a lift there, but as a last resort if all else fales and you don't mind leaving early and maybe just for one day then the offer is there.

I live just outside of Elmpark about 10mins from Romford if that also helps, again hope you find someone to give you a lift there.

:crying:

LLAP :D

Think I might be leaving to early for you on the Saturday (4am) but the day really depends on what days the guest my fiance and I want to see so again not 100% sure on that...

Hope you find someone to give you a lift there, but as a last resort if all else fales and you don't mind leaving early and maybe just for one day then the offer is there.

I live just outside of Elmpark about 10mins from Romford if that also helps, again hope you find someone to give you a lift there.

:hathor:

LLAP :borg:

Thanks Zebredy!

Early is no problem for me personally really, apart from the fact that there probably won't be any tubes running at that time! :mellow:

I too am only going there for one guest, and so far he appears to be there both days... In case I need to take you up on the 'last resort offer', may I IM you my cell phone #?

Thx.

Thanks Zebredy!

Early is no problem for me personally really, apart from the fact that there probably won't be any tubes running at that time! :borg:

I too am only going there for one guest, and so far he appears to be there both days... In case I need to take you up on the 'last resort offer', may I IM you my cell phone #?

Thx.

Yeah sure but the PM button on this forum doesn't work. As I said I'm not 100% sure I'm def going but if I do, I don't mind giving you a lift.

Email is ten1uk at yahoo.com (take out the spaces and change at for @) don't like giving numbers out of the web.

:mellow:

Yeah sure but the PM button on this forum doesn't work. As I said I'm not 100% sure I'm def going but if I do, I don't mind giving you a lift.

Email is ten1uk at yahoo.com (take out the spaces and change at for @) don't like giving numbers out of the web.

LLAP :mellow:

Just emailed you..... hopefully you will decide to go, LOL. Thx.

Unless you're going on the Friday and want a lift back on the Monday...

You know, I would jump on that - only, my cat wouldn't like it! :) My catsitter can only look in on her once, and I feel bad enough already to (potentially) leave her alone for one night...

Anything happening up there on the Friday too?

LLAP :mellow:

I emailed you, but it bounced back saying you don't have a yahoo.com account? Your profile exists though, so no idea what's going on..should I use yahoo.co.uk? :)

I emailed you, but it bounced back saying you don't have a yahoo.com account? Your profile exists though, so no idea what's going on..should I use yahoo.co.uk? :)

Edited by Just C

I'm leaving Friday morning from Romford in the Gothmobile.

Spare space for a couple of others if you don't mind getting there Friday

One way trip only tho guys as I'm going to York on Monday.

Thanks, Lala. Gothmobile would've been perfect, but I can't stay for more than one night, so had to book train up.

Thank you! :YAHOO: