Lewis Hamilton

Crostini

With Lewis Hamilton only 4 points ahead of Alonso has Hamilton lost his chance of becoming the youngest ever / first rookie to win the world champion.

Whats everyones opinion about his chances.

Has anyone been lucky enough to meet him apart from me.

What did you think of him

Has Lewis blown it or is he still in contention....

Edited by DavidB

At the start of the season I found Hamilton very humble and a refreshing change. But, as the season has gone on he has spoken about moving to Monaco or Switzerland (an obvious tax decision) and has become very vocal. I find him now to be a tad arrogant and gives off the image of being a spoilt child.

I think the best thing for him would be to not win the title. If he wins it would possibly inflate his ego more. It is a tad disappointing that he has changed so much in such a short period of time. A huge negative for him was the recent spying fiasco where he went on record saying that the team had nothing to hide, and then to he had nothing to hide. This was after evidence appeared that showed the team did know things. In my eyes he has started on a bad road. If he wins the title, then there will always be the question of what technology from Ferrari was used. It will also taint British sport in my humble opinion.

I would love Lewis to win the world championship. Unlike everyone else I think he is a genuine nice guy and very humble. I think he deserves it a hell of a lot more than Alonso at least.

And this whole spying scandal infuriates me as it has been blown so out of proportion. To a degree 'spying' has always gone on within F1 for years but for some reason this case has been picked up upon. One reason F1 isn't like it used to be is because of the ridiculous amount of strict rules that are applied now.

I would love Lewis to win the world championship. Unlike everyone else I think he is a genuine nice guy and very humble. I think he deserves it a hell of a lot more than Alonso at least.

Everyone sees someone in their own vision. Although I have changed my personal opinion of Hamilton, I am glad to say that it has not been swayed one bit by the lemmings who follow the crowd.

And this whole spying scandal infuriates me as it has been blown so out of proportion.

Mainly because this is the first time that anything of substance has been done about it.

To a degree 'spying' has always gone on within F1 for years but for some reason this case has been picked up upon.

This is the first real occasion the authorities have been left with no other choice than to do something. I personally think that Ron Dennis & Co. handled it wrongly and were caught out lying.

One reason F1 isn't like it used to be is because of the ridiculous amount of strict rules that are applied now.

So many of these rules have come about because of one team or another dominating for what is conceived "too long" by the group of fans who watch F1 because it is en vogue. This year's title race has been the most interesting for a long time.

However, a lot of rules have been introduced for safety matters. Too many deaths/injuries have occurred and for health & safety they have to be minimised.

As regards Hamilton, if you watch footage of him from Day One to now, you will see a huge change in him. He has gotten involved in matters that he did not need to. Whether his management let him get in that position is another matter, but he can always say "no comment". He has, in my eyes, tried too hard to create an image for himself. If he had just driven, no matter the spying fiasco, many more people would admire him for it.

My personal pick for Champion is Kimi

Everyone sees someone in their own vision. Although I have changed my personal opinion of Hamilton, I am glad to say that it has not been swayed one bit by the lemmings who follow the crowd.

I find your last line a bit odd.

Just because people have a different view of someone doesn't make them 'lemmings that follow the crowd'. Seeing as I'm apparently one of the lemmings that seems a bit like a personal dig. Does that mean people are lemmings for like certain shows/movies if another person doesn't.

Also I do agree (that after Lewis) Kimi would be my choice for World Champion, I just find that in interviews etc. he seems to have no personality and shows no excitement when he wins.

Edited by Lambourne

I find your last line a bit odd.

Just because people have a different view of someone doesn't make them 'lemmings that follow the crowd'. Seeing as I'm apparently one of the lemmings that seems a bit like a personal dig. Does that mean people are lemmings for like certain shows/movies if another person doesn't.

Sorry my friend, I should have added that it wasn't a dig at you but rather the people in this country who jump on bandwagons because it is the popular thing to support. Since England have gotten to the RWC Final, I have seen so many Rugby Haters become Rugby Lovers. I detest that. I have seen so many people who detested F1 before Lewis Hamilton came in. And now that this country has the possibility of a new world champion, they suddenly love it. I can guarantee you that they will disappear when he starts to falter in the future. So, no, you are not a lemming and neither are people who like stuff other people don't. The lemmings are the ones who go out and buy the England rugby top and wear it around, despite the fact that they have never watched a game before England beat Australia. Those are the people I will always call lemmings. And, just incase you say it, I am all for converting people to something long term. But I am not for short term converts who only support the national side when it is winning.

Also I do agree (that after Lewis) Kimi would be my choice for World Champion, I just find that in interviews etc. He seems to have no personality and shows no excitement when he wins.

Totally agreee with you. He has no on screen personality. I think he saves that for the ladies he romances as he is a bit of a playboy.

I hope this post clears up any possible misunderstanding.

Davey, your list of who has received their tickets wont be accurate. My postie never asks me to sign for recorded delivery items, he just puts them through the letterbox, and I'm sure others do too.

Then you should report your postie, as it is illegal for them to drop off recorded mail without it being signed for. That's the whole point of recorded mail.

We will also be chasing up all tickets not delivered on time with Royal Mail after the event.

Whaaaaaat? I just tried to quote Lambourne's post at 5:33 and THIS came up!

Anyway...

I don't agree that enjoying a sport because your country is suddenly winning makes you a 'lemming'. Case in point, I started watching Formula 1 because Damon Hill was winning. That was in 1996. I haven't missed a season since then. Just because you jump on the bandwagon doesn't mean you're going to jump off it immediately. Sometimes people just need some extra motivation to get involved.

I also hadn't sat and watched an entire game of rugby until the 03 world cup. Haven't missed a major game since.

Edited by Psychosis

Davey, your list of who has received their tickets wont be accurate. My postie never asks me to sign for recorded delivery items, he just puts them through the letterbox, and I'm sure others do too.

Then you should report your postie, as it is illegal for them to drop off recorded mail without it being signed for. That's the whole point of recorded mail.

We will also be chasing up all tickets not delivered on time with Royal Mail after the event.

Whaaaaaat? I just tried to quote Lambourne's post at 5:33 and THIS came up!

Anyway...

I don't agree that enjoying a sport because your country is suddenly winning makes you a 'lemming'. Case in point, I started watching Formula 1 because Damon Hill was winning. That was in 1996. I haven't missed a season since then. Just because you jump on the bandwagon doesn't mean you're going to jump off it immediately. Sometimes people just need some extra motivation to get involved.

I also hadn't sat and watched an entire game of rugby until the 03 world cup. Haven't missed a major game since.

You are possible misunderstanding what I have posted. What you have said does not make you a lemming whatsoever. What I posted and meant is that I feel the people who are "fair weather" supporters and only support something because it is popular to or they are winning something like Hamilton is at the moment. Yet, when it is no longer popular in the in thing to do, or the person or team is no longer winning, then they stop supporting them. That is what I call a lemming. As I also added before, if you are a convert in it for the love of the sport/films/etc then great. Even if you choose to stop following something because you no longer like, that does not make you a lemming.

If you check what I posted, you will see that I have specified the type of people who I call lemmings. Neither of you fit that description as you have made choices for yourself under your own terms - or so it appears to have been that way - rather than "go with the crowd".

I hope this clears it up finally.

Mmmm, I did get that. But you can't call one single Lewis supporter a lemming because they haven't had the opportunity to prove that they're not yet.

I am not directly calling any supporter of Hamilton a lemming yet. If you read back my posts you will see that I guaranteed that, once he starts losing a bit and is not at the top of the championship, that some of the new supporters will stop following F1. I know of at least 10 ex Chelsea fans who started supporting them a few years back, but now support Man United because they are champions. Those are the type of people I detest.

Fair enough. But the same is true of all drivers.

We'll see! Good luck to him, anyway.

That is very true. The same is true for all drivers - Jenson Button being an obvious example of all the hoopla at the start, which turned in to mocking when he couldn't win for ages.

But, as this string was about Lewis Hamilton, that is why my replies were geared towards him. I am not singling him out as a person, just commenting on his current position.

can i just mention a name who has completely outshone hamilton in motorsport this year...

James Toseland

That is my opinion and i will not waver from it as i find world superbikes a far more competitive sport than F1.

:chair::chair::chair:

So much homegrown talent is ignored for the more high brow F1...

A stupid mistake at the beginning - something I think he will not do a few years down the line when he has a bit more experience in F1 - and a major problem with his electrics stopped Lewis winning today. Mind you, the last few races have stopped him winning the title sooner.

A great race by the Prancing Ponies, and a season by Kimi that went unnoticed in the main, saw the Finn win his first title.

Personally speaking I am very happy that Kimi finally won his first title as it is overdue.

It is a shame for Lewis after a great start to the seasons. Maybe next year will see him mature and take the title home.

most of the top drivers are miserable bastards. Alonso threw his toys out of the pram over Lewis, and still is.

Hamilton has been nearly as bad as i think he assumed he'd already won, then bottled big time. Hopefully that'll teach him.

Kimi is also a dull arrogant looking bottom in my opinion. More character on a bank piece of A4.

Of all of the Ferarri and Mclaren drivers Massa seems to be the nicest bloke and a very good driver too. Playing second seat to someone like Kimi must be hard.