Forthcoming Glasgow event

Drwhomadson

Hi I'm new to this forum so forgive me if I come across as totally confused :chair:

I want to come up to the Glasgow event with my DS(11) who is autistic and has special needs, he loves Dr Who and this would be a once in a lifetime moment for him.

Whats the best way to get up there in your opinions? Train/plane etc . I've never been to Scotland but am willing to do so to put a smile on his little face :chair:

Also whats the best time to arrive etc..

Thanks for getting this far in my garbled post lol.

I would travel by plane if possible, and arrive on the Friday evening, this way you don't have to get up at some early hour to get a flight to Glasgow on the Saturday morning.

You don't mention if you're staying for both days or just coming up for the one day?

As for best time to arrive at the event, this is a bit awkward to really say, as it's the first one being held in Glasgow, so don't know what the queues may be like. If you do come up on the Friday evening, I would then say, aim to arrive in Braehead around 9am on the Saturday morning, this then gives you all day at the event.

Hope this helps

Hi Drwhomadson

I'd agree with gebes.

The train is enjoyable (there may be 1 or 2 connections) but I'm unsure of the needs of your son - my sister is disabled so I'm speaking from experience. It may be easier (and possibly cheaper) to fly.

If you are flying up on the morning of your attendance, then it's only about a 10 minute cab journey from the airport.

When I've attended other events, I usually get there early but I won't be able to arrive unti noon on Sunday due to other commitments. I'd try and get there early to savour the event, especially as you have travelled so far.

Best wishes.

Steve

not to be rude but you may have left it a little late to book transport from Wales! :D I'm travelling from Swansea (1hour from Cardiff) and it was 8hours on the train when I looked (7 from Cardiff) and my single flight from Cardiff to Glasgow airport was £45 some weeks back!

the cheapest way to get there, if not flying, it to get singles (or returns maybe, this close to travelling date) on the train to Manchester and then from there get another train or get the megabus.com to Glasgow, that is how I'm getting back on Monday B) (doing MB to Manchester then train to Swansea from there :angry: )

hope this helps, if you do want to fly you'll need www.bmibaby.com though try www.travelsupermarket.com for a cheaper fayre with BMI< saved me £20 on a recent trip to Ireland :chair:

surfy sah xx