A thought just occurred to me...

rainbowsparkle

It's taken me a while to realise that if Spike and Angel might be popping up in Season 8 (and other characters, who knows) then they must have survived the apocalypse at the end of Angel Season 5. Also, since the Buffyverse in general is continuing then that apocalypse must have been averted. I only wish we knew HOW!!!

Of course, this is said from the POV of someone who doesn't read any of the external Buffy stuff like novels or comics (except for season 8) so it could have been covered elsewhere and I missed it. Hey ho :YAHOO:

I read somewhere that Joss Whedon and ASH were considering a spin off about Giles called "Ripper" or something, and that they were really serious about it except for the fact that someone had covered it rather well in either comics or novels (can't remember which). Does anyone know anything about either the Ripper stories or a spin-off series?

Just wondered :YAHOO: ...

Edited by rainbowsparkle

Hiya - I think the spirits of Spike and Angel were in either the first or second series 8 comic, but I find the storyline confusing so it may just have been a dreamscape. Have you checked out the 'bloody awful poem society' site - Spike gets lots of attention.

I really hope Lorne will turn up again - he was my favourite character in Angel! That's the thing though - Lorne probably wouldn't have much of a place in a Buffy comic cos he was in Angel. Mind you, I keep seeing rumours of "Angel - Season 6" comics, so you never know - we may see him yet, and find out what happened in the apocalypse.

You're right though - Lorne was pretty teed off when he left :YAHOO: