C12 is horror themed. Discuss.

nicky

I've posted this here cos it's where the real horror fans will be and it'll filter out them pesky kids who think anyone from Buffy and Scream are "horror".

OK, so we got Hooper and Romero, they're horror and not related to some s***ty TV show like Party of Five or any fantasy bollox and ceratinly not some hot-young-actor-that-played-a-slasher’s-teen-victim. I'd really like John Carpenter but dont see SM getting him, Hooper hasnt done much in years and wont ever regain his greatness and I was actually shocked at Romero doing cons in the UK before...maybe he's just a nice guy.

At that same con I also met Tom Savini and other ...of the Dead guests so I guess SM can and probably will bag them for C12. And of course SM have had Freddy and Jason(s) before so I guess they'll be announced soon too but the thing with horror guests is that it's usually the villains we get and seldom the heroes (unless it’s the only thing they’re known for).

Still I'd love to see announcements for:

Sam and Ivan Raimi

David Cronenberg

John Landis

Guillermo Del Toro

Eli Roth

Rick Baker

Stan Winston

Rob Bottin

Bruce Campbell (yeah I know, typical fanboy request but just for the sake of my AOD poster)

I think Cronenberg is one of the creepiest men ever!! Scarier than the horror actors themselves. I agree with you about the Buffy and Scream crew though and also any of the remake or reworking casts. I think we have to go back to the seventies and eighties to find the classics (or sixties in the case of NOTLD or some hammer stuff)

I think we have to go back to the seventies and eighties to find the classics
...and that's exactly what Rob Zombie thought when he cast the old skool crew for Halloween 2007.

But really, I hope SM do get some real horror guests, Hooper and Romero are a great start that nobody can deny so I hope the other guests will be in that same vain and not, as I pointed out, actors that played teen victims or starred in Buffy etc.

These people are not real horror guests:

Neve Campbell

Skeet Ulrich

Sarah Michelle Gellar

Eliza Dushku

or practically anyone from Scream, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Urban Legend, Dawson's Creek, Party of Five, Buffy/Angel, The O.C., The Faculty, Halloween H2o or anyone from a Kevin Williamson or Joss Weadon creation.

Edited by nicky

So you've seen the names being banded around in the guest suggestion pages too then!!

So far we have Buffy and Angel suggestions and Melissa George plus others who I've never heard of because I'm too old obviously!!

Not seen the cast for Rob Zombie's Halloween - just hope he doesn't ruin an absolute classic.

I wonder if the creepy woman from Poltergeist is still alive? - she'd be good!

On a different note just read on BBC news that hammer horror has been sold again and that the've invested money into making new horror films! (this may be old news though!!)

Not seen the cast for Rob Zombie's Halloween

hammer horror has been sold again and that the've invested money into making new horror films! (this may be old news though!!)

Halloween 2007 cast includes old horror faves, Adrienne Barbeau, Brad Dourif, Udo Kier, Dee Wallace, Ken Foree and Sybil Danning.

I'm not sure who you mean in Poltergeist but I know Heather O'Rourke who played the little girl Carol Ann died just after Poltergeist III from stomach problems.

And that story about Hammer re-making films again first came about around 2000, I dunno what happened after that but havent heard anything since.

Edited by nicky

Not seen the cast for Rob Zombie's Halloween

hammer horror has been sold again and that the've invested money into making new horror films! (this may be old news though!!)

Halloween 2007 cast includes old horror faves, Adrienne Barbeau, Brad Dourif, Udo Kier, Dee Wallace, Ken Foree and Sybil Danning.

I'm not sure who you mean in Poltergeist but I know Heather O'Rourke who played the little girl Carol Ann died just after Poltergeist III from stomach problems.

And that story about Hammer re-making films again first came about around 2000, I dunno what happened after that but havent heard anything since.

That's a pretty good retro cast which will probably pass most people watching the film completely by!!

No I meant the woman who plays the psychic (?) - it's been so long since I watched that film.

The hammer rights have been sold again within the last few weeks so you never know.

No, I meant the woman who plays the psychic (?) - it's been so long since I watched that film.

The hammer rights have been sold again within the last few weeks so you never know.

That's Zelda Rubenstein and she is still alive! Yes, I just read about Hammer rights being picked up by some Dutch company.

C12 could be the greatest event showmasters has held if they keep the horror guests to the same calibre as the ones so far announced.

George A Romero is such a hero of mine I’d never thought I would ever get the chance to meet him but did when he was at Birmingham the other year. Now to get the chance again is fantastic.

Tom Savini would be great to meet again also, I have so many things for him to sign and chat about.

The actors from the original Dawn would always be welcomed but I really want to meet some from Day of the Dead, the likes of Lori Cardille, Joseph Pilato and Sherman Howard. It’s such a shame Richard Liberty is no longer with us.

Now I’m a fan of the ‘newer’ horror movies as well as some of the older classics. I’m a huge fan of the Dawn remake and would love to meet Sarah Polley from this movie.

Others i wish to meet have been listed in the C12 horror guest suggestion thread started by nicky.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=32478

Edited by stobbs

The actors from the original Dawn would always be welcomed but I really want to meet some from Day of the Dead, the likes of Lori Cardille, Joseph Pilato and Sherman Howard. It’s such a shame Richard Liberty is no longer with us.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=32478[/url]

Agreed, I've met the cast of DOTD, but the cast of "Day.." would be most welcome.

If we're going for a particular movie reunion, apart from Day, I'd go for "A Nightmare on Elm Street" (Wes Craven/Englung/Saxon/Langenkamp) or Re-Animator (Stuart Gordon/Dennis Paoli/Brian Yuzna/Jeff Combs/Barbera Crampton/Bruce Abbot).

I'm hoping CM12 might attract the likes of Eli Roth, Rob Zombie, John Carpenter, Guillermo Del Toro, etc., but the fatc that we've got 2 horror directors already kind of makes me think that we've already got all the directors we're gonna get.

I think a selection of guests from 70's/80's horror movies would go down well. As Nicky has pointed out, Rob Zombie has gone for fan favourites for his "Halloween" remake. As Malcom McDowell (the new Dr. Loonis) has been announced for G-Mex, I'm pretty sure Tyler Maine (the new Michael Myers), Brad Dourif, etc. would go down a treat.

A "Devil's Rejects" reunion (of sorts) would be cool:

Sid Haig

Bill Moseley

Sherri Moon-Zombie

Ken Foree

Diamond Dallas Page

Danny Trejo

William Forsythe

etc.....

as they've all been in a few genre faves so would appeal to fans of other stuff.

Edited by Victor Van Dort

C12 really will be a horror if it is swamped with the usual display of TV and HP/LOTR guests and not what we've talked about in this thread.

These people are not real horror guests:

Neve Campbell

Skeet Ulrich

Sarah Michelle Gellar

Eliza Dushku

or practically anyone from Scream, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Urban Legend, Dawson's Creek, Party of Five, Buffy/Angel, The O.C., The Faculty, Halloween H2o or anyone from a Kevin Williamson or Joss Weadon creation.

Funny that no one here is one of those other posters from the other thread or has actually mentioned a guest in the above quote's catagory, eh? Except maybe Jamie Lee Curtis but then she was "The Scream Queen" and in the mother of all slasher films, Halloween.

to be honest with ya Nicky i wouldn't mind some of them being announced being a Buffy fan as well. I met Eliza in Brum because A~ she is hot B~ Buffy fan and Faith was the best character because of reason A C~ Wrong Turn a very underrated movie.

I also thought SMG did a good job in the Grudge, and Scream esp the first movie is a wicked flick so would like to see Neve for that.

but we will see .... however the new guest announcements of Tom Atkins, Ashley Lawrence and esp Adrienne Barbeau are excellent!

out of the 13 guests so far i want to get auto's of 11 of em ... some more than once ... i'm gonna be broke!

Edited by stobbs